Chapter 7 - allies?

"Were you a Korean person too?"

Anastasia stared at him, stunned into silence. He didn't seem to be taking the silence as a positive answer and it looked like he and the other kids around him were starting to panic. On that note, Anastasia broke into a smile.

'I'm not alone!'

"Yeah, I was."

She said with a smile. She watched as their frantic and scared faces turned to stunned expressions before relief.

"Oh god- I thought we messed up right there and then."

said the girl with long, wavy, sea-green hair and enchanting pink eyes. She sank into her seat with a relaxed sigh. The maroon hair coloured boy also sat down, sighing in relief.

One of the other boys, with eyes the colour of desert sand, spoke up quietly:

"So I guess that means we're all reincarnated people then except for Leo."

Before Anastasia could ask who Leo was, the boy with coral-coloured hair gave her a grin and said,

"I'm Kieran d'Mainforest, but I WAS Choi Minjun!"

The others followed his example. The girl with the gorgeous eyes and sea green coloured hair gave her a smile,

"I'm Melissa d'Vridian, and I used to be Kim Miyeong."

The quiet, small boy looked up at her, slipping his lavander-coloured hair behind his ear.

"I'm Jamison d'Nora. I used to be Park Doyoon. It's nice to meet you."

Finally, the boy with maroon coloured hair grinned, before holding a hand out for a hand shake.

"My name's Leonard Kou d'Kayam. I'm not a reincarnated person, but my mum is!"

'Ah- Leo.'

At the Leonard's words, Anastasia was confused. She wanted to ask about it but first, she knew to introduce herself. She turned to them, bowing her head slightly before saying,

"And I'm Anastasia d'Astello- and I used to be Park Jieun."

The four of them spent the next 2 hours talking to each other. They had all seemed to realise that they were in a game- courtesy of Kieran, who had a younger sibling who played the game. Only the 4 reincarnated ones of the them had phones, suddenly appearing when they were by themselves after they having regained their memories. They began to introduce their game characters. Melissa, Kieran and Jamison were simple background characters that attended the school. Anastasia, for a moment, was slightly envious of their freedom. Leonard, however, introduced himself as the Crown Prince of Kou. His mother had taught him Korean as he grew up, and had given him the best Korean education she could, using online resources from her phone. Anastasia was just thinking that she was forgetting something about him, when Leonard whined and the others laughed at him, already knowing what he was going to say.

"Well, I'm a stupid 'capture target'! What the heck is up with that?"

At those words, Anastasia widened her eyes before crossing her arms, leaning back and going,

"You think THAT'S bad? I'm the damn villainess of the game!"

The four of them looked at Anastasia before bursting into laughter- minus Jamison who giggled quietly. Anastasia pretended to be offended, making them laugh even more. She felt happy and comforted here. As they stopped laughing, Kieran went,

"Hold on a second, I thought the villainess' name was Antoinette?"

She sighed and stretched her arms out before answering. She told them how she had reacted when gaining her memories and how she had decided to split apart from the plot and run off to Kou, giving then a quick run down of everything that had happened since she had awoken. Anastasia gave them her old name, as Kieran nodded saying,

"That's the one I remember."

They patted her on the back, smiling encouragingly and saying that they were glad she was paving her own path. Anastasia, in that moment, had chosen to trust these people.

As the 2 hours passed, they decided to call each other by their Korean names and speak Korean with each other- but only when they were alone or if they had something secret to tell each other in the company of others. The 5 of them, now tired out, agreed to get together the next day, to meet the King and Queen- Leonard's parents. Anastasia was excited to meet a reincarnated adult.

As she went back to the inn, the streets barely lit, Anastasia looked up at the cloudy, night sky. It seemed her first night in Kou was a wonderful one, and she could only hope for more like so.

———————————————————————

she's got f r i e n d s now ('ω`*) we love that

and I'd just like to tell you that I do have more chapters written and in my drafts but I don't know whether I should publish them since I don't know if people are enjoying this story :')