18

* Fluff chapter alert!!! Ahhh I love this, hope you guys enjoy, lmk in the comments and maybe I'll try to pile on some more fluff in the coming chapters ;)

We're only back in L.A for two weeks, but we're planning on finishing the desk videos off over the course of that time and then we're spending a whole week traveling to finish off our location episodes so we have a busy month ahead of us.

I'm sitting at my desk the Monday after getting back from Willowcreek when Ryan comes over and frowns,

"Where's Shane?" he asks, I look up from my computer and look over at Shane's desk. I hadn't realized that his bag isn't even there.

"huh, I dunno that's weird," I check my watch, "he's usually here by now."

"Yeah," Ryan starts, but he's interrupted by Devon calling him over, "maybe call him? I gotta go!" He says, turning and going to meet her. I look over at Shane's desk again and decide I should probably check in on him. I pull out my phone and dial his number,

"Hello?" He answers, his voice sounds scratchy and weak.

"Jesus Shane did you die?" I ask,

"I think so," he responds, "I think I got sick from being out in the rain all day at Willowcreek."

"Oh right, that would make sense, what's wrong?" I ask.

"Well I've got a fever and a sore throat mostly, and as I'm sure you can tell, I'm losing my voice,"

"Yeah I can tell, you already called in sick?"

"Yeah," he starts coughing on the other side of the phone.

"You sound like shit..." I say and he laughs.

"Thanks,"

"Look I've gotta get back to work but I'll swing by afterward and bring you some dinner?" I offer,

"You don't have to do that, I wouldn't wanna get you sick or anything-" He starts,

"I'll be there at 7!" I say and hang up before he can protest any more. I turn back to my work and push Shane out of my head, something I've found is becoming increasingly difficult lately.

...

I pull up in front of Shane's apartment at 7:15 and buzz for him to let me in.

"You're late," Shane says jokingly into the intercom, I laugh,

"I was getting supplies," I say, the lock clicks and the door opens. I jump on the elevator and head to Shane's door, knocking once I'm outside it. He pulls it open,

"Jesus! You look even worse than you sound!" I say, he laughs and steps aside to let me in,

"What did you bring holy crap?" Shane asks, looking at the grocery bag full of stuff I've got.

"Well," I say setting it down on the counter, "We've got a lot of shit going on these next few weeks and I wanted to make sure you're feeling 100% so," I start pulling things out of the bag, "we've got some NyQuil Severe, Throat Soothing Tea, I got some honey just in case you don't have any, it really helps with sore throats, uhh... oh yeah! I brought you chicken pot pie, I know everyone always goes for soup as the go-to sick food but chicken pot pie is way more comforting in my opinion I dunno-" I hear Shane laugh and realize I'm rambling. He's sitting on the counter next to all the stuff I've brought and smiling at me.

"What?" I ask, pulling out a packet of cough drops, Shane just shakes his head, still smiling. "Oh, I got soup too just in case!" I say, pulling that out too. Shane laughs again,