Chapter 5

Chapter 5

*Gerard’s P.OV*

Senses, my eyes were gone but my senses were constantly alert. Like hearing Frank’s intake of breath and feel his hands steady me by my arms. His touch made me feel something though, it got me to know him- his hands were small and but firm as I felt them through my jumper that I had thrown on earlier.

“I’m so sorry Gee.” I hear him closely probably looking me over to see if I was okay, but he couldn’t see the already formed bruises coating my skins and knees from previous falls and stumbles. His coffee and cigarette scented breath had ruffled my curly hair slightly and the heat of his body felt nice against my constantly cold one. Gee. I liked that. Him saying it was different to Mikey, he had this soft tone, this honey voice that was as smooth as silk. But I didn’t want to feel like this, I don’t need him or his help. I don’t need him feeling sorry for me.

“What sorry I’m blind? I got over it so should you.” I grumble as I shake out of his hold and robotically make my way into the kitchen as make it to the work surface where I move my way along until I find the coffee machine.

“I didn’t mean it like that. I meant I’m sorry for being a total jackass and not even think about a medical condition. I wasn’t told.” He’s behind me now, I feel his shadow on me and his stare against the back of my head- it’s odd how my ears burned the way they did.

“Mikey didn’t say?” I ask as I turn around to where I thought he was, although my eyesight was gone in certain lights I could see movement amongst them, at first it was red- like if you closed your eyes really hard and you could hear and feel your blood pounding and your eyes were red; but now I was used to the dark and how to ignore the demons within it.

“No, he just explained that you needed someone to cook and clean whilst you do whatever you do.” I feel him shrug as he moves around me getting the feel of the kitchen as he pulls out mugs just in time for the coffee to stop brewing. He opens the fridge hearing the suction of the rim of the door release, then I hear him tut softly. “You have two things in here and I’m sure these cookies aren’t meant to be in there. Seriously though Gee- cookies and milk, how are you living?” I hear him scoff.

“I have my options. If I need food I usually call Mikey to order for me and just get the guy to leave it in the hall.” I shrug and reach out for the mug he goes to press into my palm. “If you’re here to cook for me then I guess you’ll need to go grocery shopping right?” I raise my eyebrows as I sip at the warm coffee before snapping my head up. “How did you-?”

“I guessed, I hope it’s okay.” Frank says shyly before I tuck in a little more to the perfectly proportioned coffee- three quarters coffee with a quarter milk.

“It’s great thanks, there should be money in the R2D2 mug on the side- take that for groceries when you go get your stuff.” I think I just admitted to him that I wanted him to move in.

“Okay sure… wait- I get the job?” he asks shocked and I stifle a smirk; I wondered how old he was, I wondered what he looked like and to know more about him.

“Yeah, if you want it that is.” I finish off my coffee and set the mug on the side behind me.

“Thank you!” I feel a crushing wait press my back into the counter. This time I feel him, he’s incredibly small- his head only reaching my shoulders, his hair short and prickly against my chin and his flushes cheek pressed against my chest. For some reason I felt my arms respond and wrap around him clinging to him for dear life; we are flush against each other and we fit like a puzzle piece, I don’t think we could have been closer, his one leg between my two and his arms wrapping round my back. It wasn’t awkward, it stretched and I savoured the feel of him connecting with me, he really was something.

But much too soon I feel him pull away from me and I sink at the feel of his loss of heat; my shoulders deflate and I cross my arms as I feel him release his breath. “I guess I’ll go get my stuff, thanks again.” I feel him move to leave but I stop him fishing out something from my pocket.

“Wait, take these.” I say handing him the keys to the house and my car, I wait for him to take them and just leave. Leave me to dwell in how pathetic I am. He wouldn’t want me, I can’t see him- I can’t tell him how handsome he is and I can’t even admire him from afar. I better just give up now.