Birthday Gifts & Future Conflicts

WARNING: If you haven't read the "before you read" chapter, I HIGHLY suggest you read it, especially the part about Charlie's backstory, before you begin the story!

CHAPTER ONE:

Third Person P.O.V.:

Charlie awoke with a start on July 30th of 1991. Today, was his eleventh birthday and he absolutely ecstatic! He had been waiting for this day for as long as he could remember.  After today, he would be fully eligible to finally attend the school that he had grown up living in. Hogwarts was his home, but he could not wait to finally attend the classes and be taught by the teachers which he so greatly admired over the years.

Charlie practically fell out of his bed from his excitement and ran over to his closet to quickly get changed. He was notorious for his classy, yet casual style of clothing. Not to mention, due to his father's work, he could afford the best of the best. He threw on a pair of black trousers and paired it with a white button-up, which he would accent with a grey jumper over top:

 He threw on a pair of black trousers and paired it with a white button-up, which he would accent with a grey jumper over top:

(ignore the tie and jacket)

As soon as he was dressed, he walked out of his chambers, past his grandfather's bedroom, down the stairs and into Dumbledore's office (basically Dumbledore and Charlie's living quarters are above Albus' office, they are located up the stairs behind Dumbledore's desk). He was not surprised to see his grandfather already fixated on his work as early as 7:00 in the morning.

As Charlie descended the staircase behind Dumbledore he said, "Good morning grandfather," with a big smile as he reached the bottom.

For the first time, Albus looked up and met Charlie's dark brown eyes with his icy blue ones and reciprocated his smile, "Good morning Charles, happy birthday. It is a very special one this year!"

"Indeed it is granddad. I'm very excited. You know how much I have been waiting to attend my classes." Charlie said while walking over to Fawkes' cage and giving him a little wave.

"That I do," Dumbledore says with a happy tone, "But let us not get too far ahead of ourselves Charlie. Today is all about you, your schooling can be a thought for tomorrow." Albus then gets up from his chair and walks over to the closet to the right of him.

As he opened it, Charlie could have sworn he heard a bark of some kind. He watched his grandfather closely, as Albus bent down a little and picked up a medium sized box with holes on the top.

"As I said Charlie, today is all about you," Dumbledore said with a smile as he turned towards Charlie, who hadn't moved from admiring Fawkes, "And with that being said, I find it only fitting to spoil you with gifts."

Charlie looks at his grandfather with his mouth agape as Dumbledore places the box in Charlie's hands and says, "In my opinion, every young wizard needs a furry companion."

As Charlie opens the box, he was amazed to see a German Shepard puppy staring up at him with big eyes and tongue sticking out, "Oh my days."

"