Brooklyn Is Hea

Your POV

"Sweetheart! Times ta get up, wese gotta head ta 'Hatten." Spot says waking me up. Right... I'm a Brooklyn Newsie now... "Okays, I'll be ready as fast as I can." "There's no rush sweetheart. Wese got plenty of time." I sit up slowly. I look over and seeing as I can only see his shoes, he's on the other side of the curtain.

"I-is you sure?" I hear him chuckle. "I'm sure, sweetheart." "... o-okays..." I got up, and I got dressed. I tuck my hair into my cap and make sure that I don't look feminine. Okay, I'm good. I open the curtain and grin at Spot who smirks back at me. "Took youse long enough sweetheart." My eyes widened. But before I could speak, he spoke again. "I'm just teasin' buttacup, likes I said, wese had plenty of time."

"Don't do dat ta me, Spot..." He chuckles a little. "Sorry sweetheart." He throws his arm over my shoulder. "Youse ready ya head out?" I nod. "Ta 'Hatten wese go." I giggle and we start walking. He smirks at me a little.

~Small Timeskip~

Spot's POV

We were in our places waiting for when we were needed most. I could barley hear what was happening. "Jack! Jack!, the Crib!" I heard Race say. I had to put aside my current dislike for Jacky Boy. He was still her bother, and I didn't want to upset her. "Heya Jacky-boy." Eh, dats me name for 'im. It sounded like they were losing so I look around and hold a count down. In sync we all jump down.

"Neva fear, Brooklyn is hea." I say with a smirk, I look over at (Yn) and nod at her as the rest of us readied our slingshots. She jumps down and starts punchin' guys. I glanced at her a few times to make sure she was okay. I smirked when I realized she was doing fine. Soon I jump down and head to the gates to let in the rest of the Brooklyn Newsies.

Your POV

I jump down and start soaking guys. Soak 'em for Crutchy, soak 'em for Crutchy. I looked up for a second at Spot, who was smirking at me proudly. Am I doin' goods? I continued to punch guys, trying my best not to get hurt myself. I hear Race not too far from me. "Hey, I give up. Alright, alright. I give up." I hear a groan and I can only assume that Race kicked him in his privates. I her feet hit the ground behind me, and I turn to see Spot heading towards the gate. I watch as he rips the gate open. My eyes widen. Dang... dats attractive. Hormones. For da last time, stop.

Spot's POV

I turn around and see (Yn) gaping at me. I smirk at her and her face flushes. My eyes widen as I see someone behind her. "Jaguar! Watch it!" I hollar, and she turns around and runs right into a fist. Oh dat guy's gonna— "Hey, Spot!" I turn and see Jack we spit shake, and we push them back. I look over to check on (Yn) again and she has the guy that punched her tackled to the ground just beating his face in. My eyes widened. Alright, don't get on sweetheart's bad side. Good ta know.

Eventually, we get them forced back. We cheer, I meet with (Yn) and make sure she's okay. She assures me she is, but I could already see the black eye forming. "Jack! Boys! Freeze! Freeze!" We turn and see some reporter guy, my arm goes around (Yn)'s shoulders. "Alright guys." Then the pictures taken. I turn to Jaguar. "Jags are youse—" I'm cut off when the 'Hatten Newsies start askin' her where she's been. "Guys guys, Ise okay... Ise just... a Brooklyn Newsie now... Spot took me in..."

Slowly Newsies like Race and Blink turn to me. Race and Blink walk over to me. "Youse took Jags from us? Man Spot, why'd ya gotta snatch 'im likes dat?" Race said. I look behind me and see Jack over talking to that reporter guy. I turn back to Race. "Ise had ta help da poor kid... Jacky Boy wasn't treatin' 'im good." The other 'Hatten Newsies nodded and dispersed.

Race stayed. "Jags does he uh..." "He knows Racy." I quirked a brow and smirked at Race. "Racy?" "Shut it Spot. So you knows Jaguar's a goil?" I nod. "Yeah, I knows." I look at (Yn) again. "Youse okay, sweetheart?" Her face flushes. "Y-Yeah Ise okays Spot. I-it's justs a black eye." "Lemme see." I say walking over to her, Race just watching the interaction. I gently grab her chin, and move her face so I can get a better look at her eye.

"We'll hafta get some ice on dat as soon as we can." She nods in agreement. I let go of her chin and back away. "Spot is it alright if I go talk to da boys?" I nod and she heads off to talk to some of the other 'Hatten Newsies. I look back at Race. "Youse takin' good care of 'er Spot?" "Ise makin' sure she's treated likes a queen, and if one of me boys does sometin' dat hurts 'er, I'll takes care of it."

"Youse really care about 'er Spot?" "Dats an odd question." "Spot, youse promise me dat youse gonna protect 'er?" "I promise Race. Ise don't wanna see 'er hurt. I'll do whateva it takes." "Don't makes a promise youse can't keep Spot." With that he walks away. What's dat supposed ta mean? After a little bit, (Yn) walks back to me. "Youse ready ya head back sweetheart?" "Yeah, also, wese git invites ya Tibby's tommara. Eleven o'clock." I nod. "Okays, we'll be there. Lets go." With that we head back to Brooklyn, waving at some of our friends. I walk past Jack and we exchange glares. To spite him, I throw my arm over her shoulder again.

Youse can't hurt her no more Jacky Boy.