20: "Don't sweat it, scars are badass."

"I just don't know why you hang around them," Lily's voice sounds through the air, and I stop myself from going around the corner in order to eavesdrop, "They nearly drowned Cassidy, not to mention Mulciber hit her in the face with a bat."

"They aren't as bad as you think," I hear Snape answer, "Besides, Milton deserves what's coming to her, she's a blood traitor."

"How could you say that, Sev?" Lily asks, sounding genuinely hurt and angry, "You know she's my friend."

I hear a sigh before Snape answers, "You've got nothing to worry about, Lily. I'll tell them to lay off Milton if that's what you really want, and I won't get too involved, but they're my friends."

Lily sighs as well, but seems content, "All right. Just don't get in anything really bad, okay?"

"Okay."

I roll my eyes and nearly scoff at how easily Lily is persuaded. Mulciber, Avery, Dolohov, Lestrange, Rosier, Regulus Black, Lucius Malfoy, and a sixth year named Wilkes are the people that they speak of. It's become clear that that particular gang of Slytherin boys are trouble. They're always slinking around after curfew, meeting in dark corridors and muttering in the dungeons. Even when I was in Slytherin I knew to stay away from them, but it seems recently, as Voldemort gains more and more power, they've become even more interested in the Dark Arts.

I've seen Snape hanging around them on multiple occasions, and I don't want to be the one to break this to Lily, but I'm pretty sure he's not gonna be easily convinced to step back into the light. Those kids talk about some seriously messed up shit, and it keeps every Muggleborn in this place on edge.

It's been a solid week since the Quidditch match, and my black eye is gone along with my other injuries, Remus having used the same spell Sirius did when I got hit in the face by Richard Deighton. Although my outside injuries are healed, my inside ones are taking a lot longer.

I've been hanging around with Marcus lately, and Marlene and Sirius won't keep their hands off one another. Every time they sit next to each other it's like they can't stop with the PDA, and it feels like Sirius is trying to get me mad. For what, I'm not sure, but it hurts. I still have feelings for him, and he's taken now, so when Marcus asked me to be his girlfriend, I said yes. I have to get over the boy, even if it means going into a relationship with a small to nonexistent amount of romantic feelings.

It's like Sirius is mad at me for being with Marcus, even though he's the one who's with Marlene. He started it, not me. Plus, why should he be angry when he genuinely likes his girlfriend? He's making everything difficult, and I hate it. I just want things back to how they were, but now Sirius barely looks at me if we're talking. The twinkle is gone, and it makes me sad.

I've been spending more time with the girls instead of the Marauders, but it's not much better considering Marlene only ever talks about Sirius. Every single little detail, and it gets way too explicit. Contrary to what she believes, I don't want to know which offices they've had sex in. Every new story is a blow to the stomach.

I slink into the shadows as Lily walks in the opposite direction, leaving Snape on his own. As I peek around the corner, I can see him look around as if he's got something to hide before walking away.

I give him a wide berth before following, making sure to not be seen as he circles around to outside, where it's getting dark and cold as the rain patters down.

"There you are, Snape! I've finally mastered it," A voice I recognize all too well says, "Brilliant spell."

I hide behind the castle wall as Snape approaches the exact group he told Lily he'd stay away from. Well, it's just Mulciber, Avery, and Regulus, but that still counts as a party to me.