21: "You've got a wicked arm, Milton."

Sirius hasn't spoken to me in over two weeks. It's been hell. I try to convince myself that I don't care, that I'm strong enough to not need his friendship, but it's plain to me after fourteen long days that I miss him.

He's blatantly ignoring me, and every time I try to explain to him why I did what I did, he doesn't let me. I've explained to everyone else, and they all understand. I asked Remus and James to explain to Sirius for me, but they just say that he won't let them either.

So I stop hanging around the Marauders as much, and instead hang out mostly with Marcus, who is a good distraction. We sneak out to empty classrooms at night and make a bunch of noise to annoy the caretaker, Argus Filch, who comes running in only for us to be long gone. I feel myself slowly beginning to get over Sirius as I start to like Marcus more, mostly because I'm annoyed that the former boy won't even give me a chance. He and Marlene fight all the time, though I've still walked in on them snogging on at least four different occasions. Of all things, I miss his friendship the most.

Mulciber has stayed true to his words, not coming anywhere near me anymore. Lily isn't talking to Snape after she heard what he did. He's apologized millions of times, and had even stopped hanging with that dangerous gang of Slytherins as much, but she won't give in. It's to the point where while the Marauders bully the greasy kid more than ever before, stopping him between every class and using his own jinxes against him, Lily no longer stands up for him. As for Snape's threat to expose me to Sirius, I barely care anymore. As if he will even listen to anyone who mentions my name.

Lily's said sorry on Snape's behalf a lot as well, but I forgave her right away. We hang out a lot together now. While Marlene is with Sirius and Alice with Remus, Lily, Mary, Dorcas, and I will just hang out around the school grounds.

It's December now, and the excitement for Christmas is hanging over everyone's heads. The same twelve Christmas trees that are placed in the Great Hall every year have everyone realizing how close it really is. 

I currently hang upside down off my broom by my legs, spinning circles around Marcus as he sits and tries to study for his N.E.W.T's. I get strange looks from a few students, but I just weave through them, making them duck and shake their heads in amusement.

"You're ridiculous," Marcus says, putting down his papers and snatching my arm out of the air, pulling me off the broom and onto his lap. I manage to grab my Comet as I go down, landing on his leg and laughing. He chuckles at me, a twinkle in his eyes as he leans down and kisses me. I kiss him back, enjoying his embrace as he holds me tight, the cold air nipping at us.

My brother is extremely unhappy with us dating, which is one of the main reasons why I've stayed with him, along with the excitement of what is surely an autumn fling.

"Come on." He stands up and grabs my hand, "Let's go inside. It's cold."

We head indoors, and soon he pulls me into an empty classroom, closing the door behind him as I hop up on a desk and cross my legs, leaning back on my hands.

He walks over to me when he's sure we're alone, and places his hands on the desk, either side of me. He leans in slowly and connects his lips to mine, making my heart leap as I move with him. My hand tugs on his messy blond hair, which gathers at the nape of his neck, and his hands cup my face, kissing me passionately.

Suddenly, his hand moves to my knee, and slowly runs up to the edge of my skirt. I pull away and rest my forehead on his, placing my hand on his roaming one.

"Marcus . . ." I bite my lip and peer at him through my lashes.

"Come on, Cass," he mumbles, kissing my neck.