⌜ twelve ⌟

chenle stared up at the stork till he could feel tears welling up from his eyes and the next moment, he realized that he was already crying

chenle stared up at the stork till he could feel tears welling up from his eyes and the next moment, he realized that he was already crying. his arms were spread as he threw himself to the stork, hugging the human-sized bird very tight, not caring if he engulfed the stork's wings too tight.

hyung!

he missed him so much, he missed everyone.

chenle..❞ having his wings escaping from the hug, the stork went to pat it on the bot's hair.

hyung, how d-did you g-get here?❞ the crying boy looked up, eyes all puffed, face swollen, and lips glossy. raising his hand up, chenle went to wipe his tears up as it kept on falling down uncomfortably.

the stork looked up and saw a male around chenle's age looking at them with his eyes widened. the stork also saw a baby by the boy's lap, looking at them with quivering lips, looking like he was about to cry any minute from now. showing his respect and gratitude, the stork got inside the house to be seen clearly and took a polite bow in front of the boy that just sent them the letter about chenle's whereabouts.

everyone inside the corporation panicked once they found out about their favorite bright chenle wasn't present anywhere. neither of them knew where the boy is but they did try their very best to look for him until a mail arrived and told them where their chenle is.

w-what are y-you doing hyung?❞ chenle sniffled, still wiping his eyes as he watched the stork bow down in front of jisung.

the stork raised his head, ❝thank you for telling us.

the crying boy then widened his eyes as he had just heard clearly as to what the stork just said. he slowly turned his head towards jisung and the other looked away, biting his lower lip as if he was holding back his emotions. ❝jisung?

even the younger didn't know they'd come this early. he thought they would arrive later this afternoon and that he'd have enough time to convince himself that he was ready to let chenle go. then again, was he even trying to convince himself that he's going to be okay after he would let chenle go?

it took jisung courage to look at chenle who's eyes are asking for explaination. lowering his head at the baby on his lap, jisung used his thumb to wipe the tears falling falling down from the baby's eyes before he looked back up to chenle. he knew he had to explain himself.

i sent them the mail, just like what you told me the first time we met.❞ he spoke, breaking the silence between them.

chenle then felt like bursting again, ❝you planned on sending the baby back?

no.❞ jisung couldn't bear looking at him, he felt like he was also about to let tears fall down which he didn't want for chenle to see him crying. he decided to look away but as he did, no words came out of his mouth to continue what he was about to say.