36 • A day Dream?

.
.

Flashbacks Continued-

Kartik was still hugging her with same intensity. When she came in her senses, pushing him a little. Her push made him realize their position and he had to break their much long hug reluctantly.

K "Naira, Tum thik hona?" He asked still holding her by side. She didn't respond and he felt her hand losing balance off his arms.

K "Naira?" He called her name softly before she got unconscious in his arms.

K "Naira! Naira, Kya hua tumhe? Kuch nahi hua tumhe. Ankhein kholo please. Naira!" He panicked,

Patting her face, he called her so many time. He was hell worried for his love. There she was not opening her eyes. He picked her up in his arms without giving any second thought and took her to his room.
He made her lay down on bed carefully.

K "Naira," He shook her a little, dropping little drop of water on her face.

It was not working as she still didn't open her eyes. He was getting more tensed seeing her state.

K "Naira, please utho nah. Yeh sab meri vajah se hua hai. Na main tumhe ignore karta na yeh sab hota. Naira, it's enough now. Please aise mat karo na mere saath. Main tumhe iss halat me nahi dekh sakta. Naira!" He ended up crying, holding her hands.

After a while, he decided to call everyone. But he felt a pull in his hand that stopping him from going.

N "Kartik!" She was back in her senses. He could not hold his happiness and hugged her tightly, making her amazed, by his action.

N "Kartik," She just moved a little from his embrace as he composed himself coming out of the hug instantly.

K "Naira, Are you... okay?"

N "Kartik, I'm fine. And were you crying?" She asked seeing his moist eyes.

N "Mendak!"

K "Main..Naira..Tum..I mean meri galti thi yeh sab. Tum Mujhse gussa hoke yaha aayi thi aur girne wali thi. Agar tumhe kuch hojata toh mera kya hota."

Naira looked at him weirdly. What was he saying.

K "I mean main apne aapko kabhi maaf nahi kar pata agar meri vajah se tumhe kuch hojata toh."

N "Kartik, Tum bhi na! Itni si baat ke liye koi rota hai. Main mar toh.."

And he immediately hugged her not letting her complete the sentence. How dare she say that!

K "Just shut up! Aise kaun kehta hai. Tumhe pata bhi hai kab kya bolna hai? Stupid ladki!" He was really angry on her for speaking such nonsense.

She got startled for a moment. Was he scolding her for real. His words was enough to bring that Sherni mood as she pushed him.

N "Main stupid? Toh Tum..Tum!"

K "Mendak." He said and she laughed making him laugh too.

The sight relieved him to the core. She looked fine. His Naira was smiling.

K "Main kitna daar gaya tha. Jaan hi nikal di thi tumne meri."

N "Matlab?"

K "Matlab! kuch nahi. Chodo nah. Tum sachmein theek hona?" He asked cupping her face. She just kept staring at his face.

Why was he being so caring all of a sudden. She was not able to understand his love, his care. She could see some different spark on his eyes.

Love? Kuch bhi Naira! He is just a friend." She thought in her mind.