The Rainers

Hi guys, sorry for the long wait but I'm back and won't be gone anytime soon. I'll be updating once every week I promise 💞💞💞.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

We kept on making out for a while, we even wanted to go further but I stopped when I heard a shutter sound.

"What happened?". Lawrence asks not expecting my sudden jerk.
"I'm sorry, I know it's too early for this but I couldn't help myself, I'm really sorry Trina". He said, melting my heart further, and I could already see him blaming himself so I replied before he blames himself further.

"You're sweet, but that wasn't the  reason why I stopped. I heard a shutter sound and I  hope our pictures weren't taken if not it's gonna cause an uproar... You know you're famous and all". 'I said in panic cause I'm not ready for this we aren't even in a relationship and...'

"Hey hey, it's fine... I didn't hear anything so I'm pretty sure you're mistaken okay? Don't panic". He said in a calm and soothing voice that I instantly calmed down.

"Okay fine, so where were we?". I said coming closer to kiss him but he turned away.

HE TURNED AWAY

HE JUST REJECTED MY KISSES

OMG, is he already abandoning me because he thinks people will see us together, call me dramatic but I'm already embarrassed.

"Hey, Trina stop. Whatever you're thinking right now ain't it okay?". He said pulling my hands to bring me to himself but I was too ashamed to move closer so I just sit still.

"I know it's gonna sound weird but I don't want to have sex with you...". He says smiling at my blank reaction which is what I always have on when I feel really hurt but don't wanna show it and to be honest, his smile made me wanna slap him but then he continued.

"Not like this. I want it to be special cause you're more than a one night stand to me and I wanna do it right, please let me. If I kiss you now, I won't be able to stop, okay?". He said caressing my face really gently this man really has a way with words but I know he means everything he said.

"Okay". I replied and he hugged me, kissing my face all over till I started giggling like a little kid.
=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

It's been a week now since that day and I haven't spoken to Lawrence one on one for two main reasons: 1. We're both swamped up with work. 2. I think he has been avoiding me so I stopped trying after  a few days.

During this period, a lot has gone through my mind. First, I thought he saw the picture of  us and wanted to stay away for a while, then I thought that he was really busy but now I think that he doesn't want me anymore and I've cried and cried but I just left it at that. At this moment, I really don't care anymore I was on my way before he came along.

"Hi Miss". I heard someone call so I turned back cause ya know I'm a miss but then I saw a very good looking man coming towards me and I just stopped not knowing what to expect.

"Hi, Sir". I replied  in a very formal manner which made him smile for reasons I don't know

"You can call me Jace, I'm Lawrence's best friend". He said smiling from ear to ear and to be honest I found myself smiling back something I haven't done in some days.

"Okay Jace but may I ask why you called me?". I was really curious to know why the best friend of someone who doesn't want me is talking to me.

"I wanted to meet the woman that got my best friend so bad and I can say I'm not one bit disappointed. Anyways, I also want to tell you that the Basma family wants to meet you". He said looking down at his shoes for a moment. I'm sure he didn't wanna see my reaction

"Why?". I said internally panicking the Basma's, the richest family I know wants to meet with me... OMG, do they know about me and Lawrence what am I gonna do...

"They saw the picture and they wanna meet you in person, if that's fine by you". He said sheepishly looking at me and if it wasn't a serious topic I would be laughing at his facial expressions.

"Why didn't Lawrence tell this to me himself and by the way, what picture?". I said really confused cause I didn't take a picture with hi... No no way, nah it can't be that.

"Umm, the picture of you two... Y'know what I'm talking about?". He said in a screeching tone that almost sent me laughing at how uncomfortable he's getting by the topic.

"I can only guess cause I haven't seen any pictures, why didn't Lawrence anything?". I can't believe he just left me in the dark and now things have started to fall in place for a few days people have been taking side glances at me whenever I walk by, especially at the office and he said nothing knowing how much I hate being the spotlight. That's it.

"Where are you going miss?" Jace asks trying to keep up with my place but nothing's gonna stop me from talking some sense into Lawrence today. I'm sick of this.
"You can't go in there, he's having a meeting". Jace quietly whispers but as soon as I get to the door, three (3) people walked out. Great timing

"Lawrence?". I started but seeing him now, my words have failed me cause he doesn't look like the Lawrence I know. His hair is sticking out in several directions, his tie is loose with bags under his eyes and I didn't have it in me anymore to shout at him.

Immediately I called his name he froze, I could visibly see his shoulders tense up his face held no emotions.

"Lawrence, what happened to you?". I asked in a very faint voice that was foreign to me. I've never seen him this way so you can't blame me for being shocked.

"I swear if I'm hallucinating aga...". He started saying but I cut him off with a hug. He didn't hug me back for a few seconds but he did eventually and I was startled when I felt tears on my neck where he buried his face but I didn't pull away, I let him cry there while patting his back.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here now". I said, tearing up along with him, he cried like he was broken and I couldn't do anything about it.

"I missed you, Trina I missed you so much but I'm happier that you're alive". He said making me both happy and confused.
"If they killed you I'd have never forgiven myself...". He said but I couldn't really comprehend what he meant.

"What do you mean". I asked him, confused and scared.

"The rainers". Jace replied, I even forgot he was here.

~=•=~
Don't forget to comment and vote. I love you all for sticking this book ❤️.