Chapter Seven

"There is no progress or accomplishment without sacrifice

"There is no progress or accomplishment without sacrifice." - Idowu Koyenikan

Standing on the land of a different pack is strange.

Glancing around at the surrounding swaying forestry, Alia stands in the middle of an otherwise barren grassy field with the Pilot to her left. They had landed ten minutes ago and continue to await the presence of the Gamma.

A light wind travels the environment, causing the pair to shiver in response. Neither have said a word to each other, their current location overwhelming them.

Uneasiness overcomes Alia at the sense of a silent threat in the winds. The Pack of Rosía's atmosphere is threatening, dangerous and she struggles to reel in her fear whilst she stands next to the stationary plane. There is something about this place that makes her feel weak and powerless and it causes anxiety to fill the pit of her stomach. She rolls her shoulders to try and ease the tension within them, but it doesn't help.

She feels like an outsider.

Duffel bag around her right shoulder, she grips the straps with white knuckles and shaky hands. She is frightened of this place.

Sparing a quick look at the man beside her, she notices beads of sweat trickling down his trembling, dark skin. The cool breeze around them clarifies that his moistening clothes are not due to heat, but trepidation.

Two indistinct voices come from behind the trees thirty metres in front of the pair and this instantly catches their attention. The first figure to walk through appears to be the Gamma due to his much buffer build than the smaller male trailing behind. Alia's body tenses as she suddenly feels his commanding aura invade her senses and her grip on the duffel bag tightens even further.

Dirty blonde hair and striking blue eyes, the man is definitely the most dominating male she's ever seen. With warm, fair skin and a beard that accentuates his masculinity, Alia steps back as he approaches for his strong, muscular build looms over her and the Pilot. Even though he is slightly taller than Aeron, his presence makes her feel like the smallest person alive. Black tactical clothes and gear cover his body, creating an image of strength and physical agility for he is definitely someone not to be messed with.

Alia swallows hard. Her breathing falters when the Gamma stops in-front of her. His shorter company stands to his right.

The smaller male wears a casual pair of dark blue, denim trousers; a plain white t-shirt and black, dirty boots to cover his feet. Black hair cut into a buzz cut and a jaw adorning a small stubble, the man looks completely normal.