Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

Fixed marriages were quite common among nobility. Since Selene was a daughter of a duke it was almost obvious that she would be asked to be the crown prince's bride.

As for me, father and mother gave us the freedom to choose who we'd like to be with which I was thankful for.

After all, I didn't want to be married to someone I don't even like.

That isn't the problem with Selene and Bryce though.

"Selene, didn't I tell you not to run around like that? And why are you dragging Anisha with you? What if you both fall? That would be quite the spectacle. It's most unbecoming of my fiancé." Bryce reprimanded.

Yup. Bryce, was strict. Especially when it comes with Selene.

I don't blame him though. After all, he is the crown prince of this country. It must be tough since he has a lot of responsibilities to bear on his shoulders in spite of being so young.

I peeked a little to see Selene's face. She was biting her lip and looked like she wants to cry.

My.

I glared at the Prince and he answered me with a confused look.

Selene slowly let go of my arm.

"Sorry, Nisha. You can eat cake without me" she said and walked away.

I didn't stop her. I'd worry about her later. First, this prince needs an earful.

"Your highness, must you really be so strict with her? Selene is just 10 years old! She couldn't possibly reach your standards yet"

Reprimanding royalty like this may be a basis for punishment but Bryce and I were friends since I was still in my diapers so he was like an older brother to me as well.

He looked guilty. He began to scratch the back of his neck and...

"I was just worried that she'd fall if she ran that fast" he said as a stain of red began to tint his ears and his cheeks.

There it is!

A total tsundere if I say so myself.

He'd always act cold and strict but I always knew that he liked Selene.

"Come on, your highness. Let's go to where Selene is. If you leave her for too long, she'd think that you hate her, you know?"

"Fine" he replied – almost instantly.

I grinned.

He really likes her, huh. I envy them a little.

Now, where were we? Since the prince decided to fix things up with Selene I'd probably go and look for my brother as well.

The garden was huge so looking for him was no easy feat. Still, I was determined.

After walking for a bit, I spotted a figure sitting in front of the fountain. There was no else here because this was the deeper part of the garden and it's easy to get lost here so I assumed that the distant figure was my brother.

With that confidence, I decided to prank him a bit.

I tiptoed closer until I was finally behind him. Weird. Why was he wearing a cape?

I counted in my head.

One...two...

"Found you!" I exclaimed and hugged him from behind.

With the sudden force, the hood from his cape fell.

White.

Wait.

Since when was brother's hair white.

It instantly dawned to me: this was not my brother. Furthermore, I was hugging a complete stranger.

I quickly retracted my arms back to my sides and stepped backwards.

"I'm so sorry. That was rude of me, I thought you were..."

The man turned to face me.

What the actual fuck?

"Missed me? I guess you did since you even greeted me with a hug"

This annoying brat!!!

"Why are you here?" I asked, bewildered.

Amusement danced across his eyes and he smirked at me.

The nerve.

He took a step forward and inched his face closer to my ear and whispered, "I'm a god, you know? I don't need a reason to go. I go where I want to" and after that line he smirked again.

I glared at him.

What a cocky brat.

"You're really carefree. I get it that you're a god but what is a god doing here in the deepest part of our garden?"

"I've been here for 10 years now, you know." He stated in an as-a-matter-of-fact-tone.

Wait.

10 years?

"Meaning you've been here since I was reincarnated? Then why, didn't you show yourself to me? Were you here in the garden the whole time?"

"Firstly, yes. Second, I wanted to show myself to you when your power awakened. And lastly, no. I was guarding you"

"You mean spying on me?"

He laughed and nodded his head.

His shamelessness never really failed to impress me.

"But why would you only show yourself to me when my powers awaken?" I asked.

He smiled and took both of my hands.

"That's because I wanted to surprise you. I chose to bestow you with my powers."

"And why should I be surprised? I already know that you're a 3rd class god"

He stilled. A dark expression loomed over his face. It wasn't surprise nor anger. It was more like shock.

"And how did you come to the conclusion that I'm a 3rd class god?"

Does that mean I'm right?

"Well, first you're quite carefree. I heard that 3rd class gods are closer to humans. Besides, you don't seem like the serious picky type"

After that explanation, he burst out laughing.

"That's all? You're really amusing me, Anisha"

Well, my name doesn't sound bad coming from him.

"I'm grateful that you find me so amusing, Sir god who won't identify himself."

"Well, excuse me for the late introduction. You can call me Celes"

Finally! I finally know his –

"WHAT?!"

A/N: Yep, it was Celes. But will Anisha accept a first class magic? What do you think? Next chapter will be her magic awakening cermony!