Prologue

The boys of the Karasuno High School Volleyball Team were already fully into their training. It's been a couple of months since school and practice had started again. The first years have become a great asset to the team, each one with talents of their own that benefited the 'fallen crows'.

The group was currently working on their serves, when the atmosphere of shoes squeaking and balls hitting the gym floor was broken by the doors being opened and a soft voice calling out "Sorry for the-for the intrusion."

Everyone turned their heads toward the person that had entered the gym.

In the doorframe stood a girl, about 1.69m tall, her face beet red – probably because of her stumbling over her words just now. In her hands she was holding a bag, while another, most likely her own, was hanging from her shoulder.

Something about her struck the boys as familiar although some of them couldn't quite put their fingers on it.

"Is-is Asahi here?", she asked, barely looking up in hopes to not meet anyone's gaze. She hasn't felt this embarrassed in a long time, but it's not her fault for being this socially anxious, as it ran in her family – is what her mother would say.

Now everyone's attention turned to the tall brunet the girl had asked for, who quickly crossed the gym to meet the girl by the door.

She handed him the bag without a word and Asahi smiled at her, saying quietly "Thanks a lot, Miko-chan."

While Ukai yelled at the rest of the team to continue practicing, some of the boys continued to keep their eyes on the duo by the door, who seemed to exchange some words with each other. All of them would love to know about what.

Finally Asahi returned to the group to resume practicing as well, while the girl walked along the side, timidly approaching Coach Ukai.

It seemed like those two were talking for forever, some of the boys dying more and more out of curiosity with each second passing, until they were finally called over by their coach.

It looked like some sort of contest, some of the boys racing themselves to see who would reach Ukai, Kiyoko and the unknown girl first. The rapid approach of some seemed to scare the unknown girl a little, as she searched solace in hiding behind Kiyoko almost out of instinct.

"Listen up, for the next few practice sessions we will have a guest supervising us, or rather you," coach Ukai announced gesturing towards the girl hiding behind Kiyoko, who had now slowly stepped out to stand beside the third year.

"I'm Azumane Kimiko of-of class 1-3, nice to-nice to meet you!", the girl announced and now that they knew her name, they finally recognized why she had seemed so familiar. She was Asahi's younger sister, the one that only Sugawara, Daichi and Kiyoko knew about, as Asahi had never wanted to voluntarily put his sister in the spotlight for certain reasons.

When you compared the two, you could definitely see the resemblance. They shared the same hair color, the same eyes and most definitely some certain aspects of personality like anxiety, for one.