Chapter 33

Third Person's Pov

-2 months later-

"Dad, no please no!!!" Leah yelled.

Leah screamed, closed her eyes and covered her ears every time her dad would hit her mom.

"SHUT UP!!" John grabbed a vase and smashed it against the wall, beside her mom.

"LEAH!!!" He yelled. She slowly walked up to him. He looked at her and yanked her hair.

"JOHN STOP, LEAVE HER ALONE!!" Lisa yelled. John slapped her across the face.

"Leah, pick up the mess!" He yelled at Leah and let go of her hair. Tears streaming down her cheeks. She kneeled down and picked up the glass. She cut her palm with one of the glass and whimpered.

"Stupid, you're just as useless as your mother!!" He yelled and kicked her. She fell on her side and cried out in pain.

"JOHN NO SHE'S ONLY TEN!!" Lisa ran to Leah but John grabbed her by her hair and punched her three times on the face.

"Stop hurting her!!" Leah yelled and tried to reach her mother but John pulled a gun at her Lisa's head.

Leah's eyes widened "Don't take another step or I'll shoot her" John yelled and Leah stood there crying uncontrollably. Then he took her away at the gun point, Leah fell on her knees, crying.

"Leah! Leah! Leah!" John called out. His voice was changing slowly to a higher pitch voice. Like a woman's voice.

"Leah. Leah, please wake up!!" Leah felt someone shake her. She sat up quickly. She was panting hard and sweating. Her whole body and face was sweating.

She was trembling and breathing hard. Chloe looked at her worried.

"Did you have a bad dream? Are you okay?" She asked. Leah nodded. Chloe pulled her into a hug and Leah melted in her arms. Chloe laid back down with Leah still in her embrace. Leah laid her head on Chloe's chest. Chloe massaged her head.

Leah closed her eyes, soon drifting back to sleep.

----------------------------------------------------------

Leah's Pov

Ever since Zoey went to jail we have dismissed the fact that both of our old problems were brought up. We have dismissed the fact that we need therapy and we have just been acting like nothing has happened.

Though I do hate needing pills to get over my nightmares and I hate having post traumatic stress disorder. It's like whenever Chloe yell, I snap. I run to her just to make sure she's okay. I don't know the difference between being happy or in need of help anymore. Like I said before, I hate drinking those damn pills so I've been thinking about paying a visit to Zoey in order to help cope with my past.

"Leah baby, are you okay? You have been really out of it lately" Chloe cupped my face and I got out of her grip. I walked outside with her following behind me and for some reason, I really didn't want anyone around me right now.

"Chloe can you please leave me alone?" I raised my voice slightly without meaning to. I had no control over my emotions.

"Sorry, I-I shouldn't have raised my voice, come here please" I softened my tone and put my arms around her, trapping her in my embrace. Just when Chloe was about to reciprocate the embrace, a loud honk interrupted us. I squinted at a car that resembled my mom's Mercedes-Benz. Once she stepped out of the car I felt my heart drop.

What could she possibly want?

My mom jogged over to me with a big smile on her face and I tightened my grip around Chloe's waist.