Chapter 31 - ALEX

They were soft, Danny and Chloe. Too soft on that scum. They felt sorry for it. But he didn't, he and mum and dad, treated it the way it deserved to be treated. That scum killed his brother, he and his mum would never forgive it. Alex wished he could kill Jake but mum and dad said no, not the death penalty. Life imprisonment was better. But Alex wanted to kill Jake in a really nasty way so that he would die suffering.

Liam was Alex's younger brother and he had always tried to look out for him and keep him safe from danger, yeah well this time he failed. This time he didn't protect him and he died. But what could he do? How could he have stopped that moron from drunk driving and killing Liam? Alex decided not to blame himself, just blame the scum it was all his fault and no one else's. Alex would protect his family and always take revenge on anyone who hurt any of them.

He slipped his short-sleeved casual plaid shirt on and had a liberal spray of the Cologne on his sideboard. He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled, he was a good-looking lad and he knew it. He also knew he was a bad boy but hey he liked being a bad boy. He felt no shame at all, being bad was fun, and being good was boring as hell. All the girls prefer a bad boy too, they don't always admit it but no one likes a good boy really, a bad boy is more interesting, more exciting.

He looks at all his bottles of cologne and deodorant and shaving gel and shower gel and so on all arranged neatly on his sideboard. Yes, he is a touch OCD he knows that he likes to arrange his things neatly and in a certain order. He was like that in his last spell in Prison, it's odd how many of the lads develop OCD inside, it's like they have so few possessions to call their own they start to treasure the few they have and give them higher importance than they usually would. Alex liked his things and he liked them arranged neatly, too many people were dirty bastards now but he wasn't.

He thought about Prison he hadn't minded it in there too much really. Sure it was a bit boring and the food was crap but he could look after himself and he had made many friends in there so it hadn't been too bad at all. He was in no hurry to go back but he knew if he did ever end up back there he'd cope just fine. It was his mother he worried about, the last time he had been inside she visited in tears telling him she hated him in there, she worried every day that something would happen to him 'i'm fine mum, I can look after myself' he told her

It was the same when Liam told her that he wanted to join the army and she cried and cried and tried to talk him out of it. ''please don't join the army'' she begged him ''I don't want you to go to war and get blown up''

''I'm a big boy now mum, I have to make my own choices and I want to join the army'' he told her ''I'll be fine''

''You're still my baby boy and you always will be'' she told him. The same thing she told Alex when she visited him inside. But Alex and Liam were big boys, they had grown up and they weren't her baby boys any longer. Alex had been proud of his baby brother, he had been a bad boy just like him.

Satisfied that he looked good Alex left to go and meet the girl. The girl who was engaged to his brother.....