Chapter 12, 100 dollars

CATRA'S POV

When I hopped off my bike, the teams were in the locker room. I sat next to Entrapta, who was toward she top of the bleachers watching for a "social experiment." She didn't notice me at first, but when Sea Hawk came up to bring her some pop corn—and squealed at me— she noticed .

"On did you cut your hair to surprise Adora?" She said, feverishky wriylting in her notes.

I didn't have any time to respond because Sea Hawk was dragging me to the front row of bleachers next to Adora's friends, with Entrapta following in hot pursuit mumbling things I didn't understand.

I crossed my arms and stood on the stairs and tapped my foot angrily. Mermista's jaw dropped, and she turned Bow around so fast I thought she would break his neck. They all stared at me. I went to push my hair back, because that's what I'd I when I get nervous, only to remember I got it cut just before I came.

It was short now. I got it cut an inch at the bottom and 6 inches starting at the top of my ear. It was styled to where it hung a little in my face and was natural and flowing in top. It made it so you could see my new helix piercings, which were very shiny in this light.

"What? I said I would come." I snapped at them, most turned around, but Bow got up.

He gave me a big hug and left the stands to go to the field.

"His job is to run out with the football team," explained Entrapta and scribbled some more notes.

The cheer squad tried hyping everyone up for the team. Soon, the bleachers were rumbling, with everyone stopping their feet at once, and then the stadium erupted with the "battle cry" of the football team. They charged to the middle of the field and did a chant, and ran to the bench.

If they do that stomping Shit again imma stab someone. They are literally gonna make the stands collapse.

I could see Scorpia sporting her number 13 all the way from here. She towered over everyone. She took off her helmet and started into the crowd, searching for me. I leaned against the fence, giving her a little wave.

Her eyes lit up. She thrusted her fists in the screaming triumphantly. She ran around the team, hyping them up and yelling smack across the field. Glimmer sat next to me.

"They are both glad you came." She looked sighed ," try not to get in a fight with anyone, please. You may dislike Adora, but Scorpia is so excited for you to watch her first game. She would not stop talking about how you never left her behind and your come because you're a woman of your word. " She offered me a smile,"please just for tonight, for Scorpia? "

She offered me a hand to shake, and I took it, smiling awkwardly back. Around this time, Bow returned from his 'stampede' as someone called it. He was panting.

"The who....got moved...to field goal kicked and .....place kicker..." He tried catching I'm his breath when Glimmer shrugged, " Its Lonnie, She is gonna be the one to...Kick it all...off" .

Three girls on the team? Now that's shocking. Doesn't suprise me, though. Lonnie used to be a great midfeilder.

Adora's friends all shouted and celebrated, I tried not to, but couldn't help but crack a smile. Scorpia waved at me, and someone else did too. They just kinda stared at me and waved back sheepishly.

Me and Lonnie have been at the home since I can remember. She started playing soccer after I did, but found out she hates it. She switched to football in middle school, and quickly became kicker for the team. In the Horde, we just had one kicker. We didn't have a place kicker, punter, and field goal kicker. We just had one who could do it all, and that was Lonnie.

People didn't know that here. No one knew what she could do because she was second string, but I knew very well she was gonna send it into the parking lot to stick to it to the coach.

She was so mad when she found out she wasn't a starter for any of the special teams, just because she was new. We never really talk, but since we were kids, we would rant to each other for hours, maybe once every few months. Everyone did it at home. Even Kyle.

Everyone looked really nervous and stayed quiet, waiting for her kick, but I screamed as loud as I could to get her attention.

"STICK IT TO THESE PREPPY DICKS LONNIE. I'LL GIVE YOU A HUNDRED BUCKS IF YOU CAN HIT MY MOTORCYCLE"

She pointed and nodded at me, as if to say "your on."

Every one in the stands stared at me, Every one on the bench stared at me, even the other team stared at me, but I was only watching Lonnie, smirking the whole time. they look at me like I just tossed a baby down The stairs. The Horde transfers knew what was up and just grinned devilishly.

Lonnie took her stance and measured the distance with her arm. She was planning the trajectory like I taught her back in elementary when we played soccer. The stadium was quiet.

Three.

Two.

One.

The ball sailed through the air and over end. It was perfect. She jogged slowly after it, knowing it was gone for good. It arched through the setting sun and disappeared into the brightness for a second. Then, I came back into view, far above the field goal. It was in the parking lot when I heard a thump and a crash a second later.

She jutted her gloved index finger. I dpuldnt see her, but I knew she was smirking to high hell.

Shit... I'm a 100 bucks lighter now.

Soon, everyone was on their feet. Screaming like maniacs, talking about how they had the best kicker in all of Etheria on the team. Bow shook Frosta so hard I thought He was gonna kill her. Lonnie walked back to the bench, right past Hordak, not even batting an eyelash. She was swarmed by her teammates and dapped up.

I looked down at the cheer leaders to notice Double Trouble staring at me. They smiled sheepishly, and what I can only assume was blushing. I couldn't be sure, though, because of where I was sitting. They did some acrobatics and started the celebration routine. I didn't really care that Adora was dating someone at the moment, or I was a singled out kid from the Horde.

But what I did know is I didn't care anymore. This was about me and my "Horde Family." I was at this game for Scorpia and Lonnie, and Adora just happened to be in the team. I smiled and looked into the field.

This game is gonna be great.

BRO WHAR THE ACTUAL FUCK. WHO LETT ME HAVE 400 SOME VEIWS. THATS LIKE 80 OVER NIGHT. I know thats not a lot of people, trust me, i may thicc but im not dummy. Any way, thanks so much. I really cant tell you how like kinda shocked I am. Its been really ahrd with my injury and my addiction problems, but this really pulls me out of a ditch I've been in for the last year or so. Its weird to think my addictions started at 14, but it is what it is. Ive got a bit of a writers block right now, but thaqts just because i dont know where to take the story next. i have earsed chapter 20 at least 3 times, but i will continue to work on it.