𝙸𝙸

𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬
𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟽
𝙰𝚃𝙻𝙰𝙽𝚃𝙰,𝙶𝙴𝙾𝚁𝙶𝙸𝙰
karter amir wilson

"imma be back im finna go smoke out there" kayla told me in my ear and i nodded.

something just didnt sit right with my spirit so i got up to follow her.

before i could get out the door i heard gunshots, i took out my gun, squatting to run outside.

"zykez, bitch" i heard another gunshot.

i looked across the front yard to see her the grass.

"no no no, kayla no bruh!" i ran to her and she was gasping for air, coughing up blood.

"im sorry karter" she spit blood, and tears came from my eyes.

"no, keep your eyes open nu.. keep em open" i said to her as i tried to grab my phone while finding where she was shot so i could stop the blood.

it was too dark to see, and she was shot more than once.

"hello, this party on MLK, blue one story house.. please my sister just got shot, please hurry the fuck up" i sat the phone on the ground.

i covered the hole in her chest and put her hand on the one in her stomach and pressed on them.

"i fu-ucked up ka-karter.. im sorry" tears streamed from her eyes.

"its not your fault nunnie its not your fault" i pulled her up in my lap.

"i- i love you ka-rter, tell- tell mama and bub-ba i love him to-o" her eyes got low and i shook her.

"kayla wake yo ass up bruh.. no do not go to sleep stay with me" i tried to open her eye lids.

"you cant leave me kayla, no man stop kayla" i held her as she kept going in and out of consciousness.

"its my time mir mir, you gone be stra-" she slurred before gasping.

"no no no kayla, wake up man, WAKE THE FUCK UP" i cried as she wouldnt move. i looked into her still open eyes and saw our memories.

i saw her hugging me after my mom kicked me out.

i saw her crying laughing after i forgot to put water in the noodles.

i saw her smiling, recording me getting my first tattoo.

i saw us going down the slide together at the playground.

i saw her and all the rest of the gang singing to the music while i was driving.

it was my job to protect her, and i failed like everything else in life.

i shut her eyes as i heard police sirens in the distance.

𝘧𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳.