22

Gunshots ring out, my mind blurring as more men break into the room.

Bucky's eyes stay locked with mine, a hint of frustration in them. Finally he huffs, nodding to me.

"Then let's get to work" he announces, reaching over my shoulder and taking out a guard with a single blow. He rushes to another guard who breaks through a door, swiftly taking him out.

"Buck stop! You're gonna kill someone" Steve shouts. Bucky shoves Steve to the ground and slams his fist into the floorboards beside him, pulling out a backpack and throwing it out the open window.

"I'm not going to kill anyone"

At this I smile slightly, pride filtering in me at his words. Steve stands up, slightly surprised but ready to take on the fight nonetheless.

"How many left, Dawn?" Cap asks, tightening his grip on his shield. I reach out, sensing a stream of guards flooding up the stairs.

"Enough" I answer just as someone bursts through the window once more and immediately begins raining bullets down on us. Steve pulls his shield in front of the three of us, blocking the man's fire. My gaze turns to the blocked door where heats signatures pool outside of.

"You guys take care of him, I'll take care of them" I shout over the noice, Cap effectively taking out the guard with a swing of his shield. I jog towards the door, my blonde hair whipping wildly around me. I feel Bucky grab my arm, pulling my around slightly.

"What are you going to do?" He pushes, his eyes searching mine.

"Buy you guys time" I answer, pulling out of this grip and sliding around the table that bars the door. Once I'm at the handle, I glance back.

"Don't die" Bucky grits out, knocking out another man. I smile breathlessly, knowing my mask hides it.

"Same to you"

With that, I burst out of the door and stumble into the hallway crawling with agents. The broken door slams into one guard, knocking him back. I dodge the bullets that whiz my way running down the hallway to take their attention away from the room. I take in a deep breath, letting the gas pool around my hands.

"I won't kill you, I promise" I announce before bringing my hands around and whipping venomous gas swirl through the air. I urge it into man after man, making sure every guard in the two floors around me is injected.

"Did you kill them?"

I look behind me to see Steve and Bucky stepping out the room, the Captain's eyes wide. More men run up, moving us back into action.

"No," I answer, throwing a knife into a guards arm and watching as he slips down the stairs unconsciously. "I never kill"

I let the two boys continue to fight off the guards and reach out, pulling the gas from the men I downed. I urge it back into myself, not waiting around to let the men recover as I jump off of the railing of my current floor and deftly grab the one two floors down. I swing myself onto the floor, dodging a punch that is immediately thrown my way. The venom courses through my system, but I barely register the toll it takes what with the adrenaline that pumps alongside it.

"We have to get out of here" I call out, grunting as I take down another guard.

"Jump!" Bucky simply states, running towards a nearby window and crashing out of it. I take a minute, looking towards it with a hint of hesitation.

"Why is it always heights?" I whine, before following suit and jumping out of the same window. My body is airborne for a few moment before my feet meet the gravelly surface of the roof that I saved Bucky's life on weeks ago. I roll, absorbing the impact instantly, and jump back to my feet.