realizations

Sophie was bored.

Honestly, ever since she came to the Lost Cities, she realized that she'd never actually been bored before.  There was friends and Foxfire, and on top of that, all of her weird Team Valiant stuff and battling the Neverseen- but now that the Neverseen were defeated, Team Valiant, for this reason, had been disassembled, and Foxfire was out- Sophie really didn't have much to do.

Normally she'd see her friends but... ever since Biana told her what Ro was up to, she had felt very, very uncomfortable in front of both of the boys- not to mention that the rest of her friends were all dating, which didn't help the fact that she was still unmatchable and single after all this time.

Which was probably why her blood ran cold when she saw Keefe, practically being dragged by Ro, up to the Havenfield doors.... she resisted the urge to duck under her bed, or make Sandor insist that she needed her rest. But she wasn't that kind of friend, was she?

Keefe looked so nervous and so handsome at the same time- wait, why did Sophie just realize that?  After all those years, she'd never even thought to acknowledge his windswept blonde hair and beautiful ice blue eyes that twinkled mischievously- or his smirk, sitting crooked on his face, probably because she was staring.

"Hey Foster," Keefe said, trying for a smile. Sophie returned it, although it probably turned out a bit more halfhearted than she wanted it to.

"What's up?" she asked, leading him up the two flights of stairs to her room.

"Nothing," Keefe promised. The air was so cold and awkward around them that Sophie was surprised Juline, Dex's mom, a Froster, wasn't in the room- or that they were frozen blocks of ice.

"Umm... Biana told me what you and Fitz were..." Sophie trailed off, gesturing to the open air. Something told her she was about to be in for some drama.

__________

Sophie knows. Sophie knows. Sophie knows.

Wait- does that mean she knows I like her?

But then... she knows that Fitz likes her too?

Well... Foster is pretty oblivious.... the chances of her piecing it together like everyone else would is pretty slim.  He smirked to himself.

But then.... who won? Or who lost?

And he was also pretty sure that Ro would say it didn't count because neither of them actually told her themselves, in which Keefe would have to go on with more awkward, messy, uncomfortable conversations until somebody just sucked it up and told her themselves.

Which made it both harder and easier to admit that someday- whether it was out of his own free will, or because Fitz made him  -he was going to have to tell her.

For the time being, he was frozen in place and stiff as plywood, probably turning the same color as Sophie's tunic which was bright red- or maybe his face was green? Or white? He had no idea.

And now.... he was probably just mentally rambling to himself.  And that was why he jumped back, startled, as Sophie cupped his hands over his, and said softly, "Keefe."

"What?" he asked.

"Do you want me to forget about it? I know you don't like me like that." Her words stung him as his mind chanted, I do like you! I do! I do!

Shut up, he told himself.

Oh great. Now she didn't suspect that he liked her- which any other day would've been good.  But then Ro made that bet and now he was stuck here.

"Um... sure!" He forced a seriously-I'm-fine tone into his words.  "Feel free to erase it from that brain of yours Foster- am I the only one who wonders what's going on in there?" he teased, tapping her temples.

Sophie giggled, and Sandor had a glare on his face so evil that Keefe told her, "Gotta go! Duty calls- Ro just finished growing those amoebas for dear ol' Daddio for his oh-so special so-called 'dinner'.  See you tomorrow? Elite Levels?"

"See you, Keefe," she said smiling.

And one look at Ro's murderous expression as they hurried out the door made Keefe know exactly where he was going tomorrow after Foxfire.

comment ' <3 ' here if u ship sokeefe !

comment ' ;) ' here if u ship fitzphie !

comment ' :0 ' for sodex , sotam , or any other sophie ships !