Author's Note

Don't get mad....I'm posting part of the story right after this.  I just wanted to clear a few things up that I've wanted to say while writing and posting this story so far.  

First of all, Emily is overweight.  Drew does mention that she's lost some weight since being in the coma, but not enough for a transformation....and it's going to come back.  Us fat girls know that it almost always does.  One of the comments I read recently said something about "Why does she have to be overweight?"  The answer to that is.......because I want her to be.  People don't realize the struggles that overweight girls have to go through....even if some of it is self-inflicted.  I just wanted to create a glimpse of that with Em's point of view.  It's funny, but some of the comments alone....good and bad.....have made me realize that I've made the right choice in making my main character overweight.   I'm pretty sure I can tell the difference between the comments of people who struggle themselves, and others who don't understand at all what it feels like.  

Next, Ellie is a bitch, but she's an airhead bitch.  She's gotten most of her character traits from mimicking her mother and her friends, so she hasn't turned out too spiffy.  She does have a soft side, though, and we'll be seeing more of that soon.  Remember....the next part of a chapter I will be posting is only Drew's POV....you'll have to wait for Ellie's POV to see how things really went down at the doctor's office.  She has her reasons for doing what she's doing.  Also, Ellie is growing up in this story.  She's learning that looks aren't everything, and that sometimes acting the way she's been acting can get you nowhere.  

Another thing - Drew is not as stupid as some of you might think.  Sure he missed the whole Johnny-Mike love connection.....when it was pretty obvious, but he was just unsuspecting.  He never thought that they could be gay, so he wasn't thinking with his mind in the gutter.  Also, he knows more about sex than he's mentioned.......he just can't get over how strong his feelings toward Emily are....everything is new with her.  (He is a virgin, but he's done alot with Ellie.)   Poor Drew is easily excited when it comes to his Emily, though.  He can hardly contain himself.  With Ellie, her eagerness was a turnoff for him, so it was easier to keep things at bay when he needed to do so.  

I think that's enough ranting for now.  Enjoy the next chapter!!

-bluriver