Chapter 12

"What!? There's another arrow!?" Kakyoin almost spat out his tea when Jotaro recapped what they had found at Kira Yoshikages house. Jotaro had come over the next morning, and here they were at the kitchen table, discussing the matter. If there's another arrow, does that mean what I think it means? Molly thought to herself and subconsciously put her hand where the arrow had pierced her, and Jotaro could see her puzzled expression.

"Is everything alright?" he asked with the smallest hint of concern in his voice, to which Molly snapped out of her thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, it's just... this is a lot" she said and sighed, taking a sip of her tea.

"Yeah, now that Kira's father has the arrow there's no doubt that he'll use it to make more Stand users" Jotaro replied with furrowed brows, Kakyoin didn't look all too pleased about it either. Molly pondered for a moment if she'd dare ask what was on her mind, and decided to just go for it.

"Say, what do you suppose would happen if someone with a Stand got shot by the arrow? Hypothetically I mean" she asked quietly and stared into her teacup. Jotaro and Kakyoin looked at each other in surprise and then back at her.

"I... I don't know. Why do you ask?" Jotaro answered with a quirked eyebrow and crossed his arms. Molly clasped her hand around the teacup and kept staring into it.

"Just a thought" she said and shrugged, but neither of the men looked convinced. They didn't have time to ask her about it though, as her and Kakyoin had to get ready for work.

"Ah, Kakyoin we have to hurry or we'll be late!" she exclaimed and shot up from her chair, giving Jotaro a hasty goodbye kiss as she speedwalked to get her purse from wherever she had left it. Kakyoin and Jotaro were waiting for her at the door when she came back with said purse, quickly slipping her shoes on and giving Jotaro yet another kiss before walking off with Kakyoin.

They had walked for a good 10 minutes when Kakyoin took her hand, which caused her to cease her walking. She shot him a quizzical look and was about to ask him if everything was okay, but he beat her to it.

"Why did you ask about getting shot with the arrow?" he asked looking directly into

her eyes, signaling that he wanted an honest answer. She sighed and averted her gaze.

"Yesterday, when you found me blacked out, I think... I think I got shot with the arrow" she murmured quietly and Kakyoin's eyebrows shot up.

"I thought I was just seeing things because when I woke up I was fine, but now I'm not so sure" she continued and looked back at him.

"Also please don't tell Jotaro, I don't want him to worry about me anymore than he already does" she quickly added with puppy eyes and Kakyoin could only do as he was asked.

"Fine, I won't tell him. But seriously, I can't let you out of my sight, 3 minutes and you manage to get shot" he muttered while they resumed walking. She shot him an apologetic look.

"Sorry, it wasn't exactly my intention" she mused sheepishly.

"You've nothing to be sorry for. If anything I should apologise to you, I shouldn't have let you go alone" he muttered mostly to himself.

"Kakyoin..." she started, but was cut off.

"Come on, we'll be late" he said while picking up the pace, Molly half jogging behind him.

"Ah, wait, Kakyoin, I think I dropped my keys!" she said mid jog, her pockets weren't really designed to keep things inside whilst running. She turned around but was met with a man holding out the keys to her.

"Are these yours, ma'am?" he said with a smooth voice that sent shivers down her spine. She reached her hand to take the keys, not noticing how the man's gaze never left her soft, manicured hands.

"Ah, yes, th-thank you! They fell from my pocket when I was running. Thank you again" she said with a smile on her face.

"The pleasure is all mine. Might I ask your name?" he murmured and Molly, being the polite little lady she was, answered the man.

"I'm Amane Molly. And you?"

"Kawajiri, Kosaku Kawajiri"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~°~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this chapter is shorter than usual, I've been having a bit of a block lately. Back at my bullshit 🤡