CHAPTER 18

The stars in the sky, so beautiful. You wish to just stare at them, but sometimes, the night sky is clear, with no star in site. It bothers some people, that the stars they saw just a day before, were now missing.

Aayan was worried sick. He had no clue where to find Ruhee, he had called the technical department in his company, to trace her number. But they were taking time, and Aayan was too impatient to wait for them to call back.

He went home to see if she was back yet. He could have called his mother to ask, but he didn't want her to panic. He reached home, to see his mother sitting on the living room sofa, praying.

When she heard the front door open, she quickly opened her eyes with happiness but it got replaced with disappointment, when she saw Aayan. "Did you find her?" she asks, almost pleading.

"I'll find her." he promised to his mother and himself. He was gonna get back in his car, and take a round of the area.

Maybe I could spot her somewhere.

He was about to go out the door when his mobile rang. He picked it up in seconds as if it was the call he was longing for.

Wife calling...

He was so relieved to hear her voice, it was like music to his ears. He started enquiring if she was okay? Is she hurt? And most importantly....

Where are you?

He wanted Ruhee back before him so badly, but when he heard a male voice next, he got pissed.

She is with another male right now!!?

Aayan was quickly out the door, in his car, and on the way to get his wife. He told her to not cut the call and speak to her as he didn't trust this Huzayl guy.

I mean, what was she thinking asking help from a male stranger. And she was at HIS HOUSE!!?

Aayan pressed the accelerater harder, so that he could get her out of that males house faster. But when she told she trusted him and cut the call. He was gritting his teeth.

How can she trust a stranger!?

When Huzayl opened the door, Aayan wanted to smash his face, but the site of Ruhee, safe and sound, was more important to him. And when she ran into his arms, he hugged her back immediately, he never wanted to let go. But a clearing of throat made him.

Can I punch him?

They introduced themselves and shook hands. Aayan thanked him for helping his wife. And when Huzayl looked at Ruhee with amusement in his eyes, he wanted to pluck his eyes out. And the extra wood to his fire, was Ruhee blushing at him.

Why is she blushing at him?

When Huzayl informed Aayan that Ruhee was chased by four goons, he had lost it. He thanked Huzayl and went down to sit in his car, waiting for Ruhee.

What is taking her so long? Is she blushing at him again?

Aayan slams his hand on the steering wheel. Ruhee finally came down and got in, and they drove home. On the way, all Aayan could think was, how he was unable to protect his wife. He could feel Ruhee giving him short glances.

I couldn't protect my wife.

When they reached home, Ruhee got out the car first and ran in. Aayan followed. When she entered the house, Sahma saw her and ran towards her to hug her. She started crying. Ruhee hugged her back and felt emotional aswell.

They bonded so much already.

Aayan was staring at them. Sahma walked Ruhee to seat her on the sofa. Sahma started yelling at Ruhee for being careless.