t h i r t y t w o

Aerin took a shower after getting home, changing into more comfortable clothes

Aerin took a shower after getting home, changing into more comfortable clothes. She put the dress on her desk chair reminding herself to ask her mother to take it to the pressing. She was lying on her bed when her phone buzzed next to her. It was a text from Jeno.

I'm outside. Can we talk please?

"What is it?", Aerin asked as soon as she opened the door, stepping outside.

"I wanted to apologize for what happened. I'm sorry I didn't took your side-"

"It's not about taking side, Jeno. It's about you willing to let someone be belittled because we were at your parents' gala."

"I- It's just that there were so many people, my parents, Somin's parents. I didn't want them to assist to something like that. I didn't want my parents' reputation and relation with the Jo family to be tainted by my actions."

"Jeno...", she sighed, "Somin's a bully and not the kind that has a deep backstory explaining the reason of their hatred towards society. No, no, no, she just enjoys the powers she has over others. I will not let her get away with her actions, school or not school, I don't care."

"I understand but-"

"No, you don't understand Jeno. You're handsome, rich, smart and nice, you probably had never been bullied in your entire life.", his silence only confirmed her words, "You don't know how long it takes to get the courage to stand up to the people who belittled you. So yes, I am sorry if I embarrassed you in front of all those 'important' people but I would still do what I did which is standing up for myself and show the bully that I won't be one of her victims."

"I-I'm sorry. I get what you mean, I- it's just that being at my parents' gala made me act completely differently."

"Thank you for apologizing...", she said, making him smile a little before it turned into a pout when she added,"...but I'm still mad at you. You apologizing like this would've work on the female lead of a kdrama and even though I've said countless of times that your life resembles one, this is real life. My feelings got hurt and the fact that business is more important than friendship hurts even more. I'm not going to forgive you that easily this time. Goodnight Jeno.", she finished, closing her door at his face.

Aerin went back into her room and as soon as she closed the door, she leaned against it and sat on the ground. Angry and frustrated tears were falling from her eyes little by little. She didn't know what she expected but she should stop hoping for Jeno to finally take her side during events like this. She got it, she's not more important than his parents' reputation, 'I mean his parents' reputation will become his one day.'

Her phone buzzing interrupted her thoughts and she picked it up, wiping her tears away and sniffing.

Incoming call: chenphin 🐬👶🏼

"Hello?"

"Have you been crying noona? Your voice seems a little weird.", he asked, voice laced with worry.

"Nah my mama ain't raised no weak bitch. I don't cry!", she tried to joked, earning a little panic gasp from the younger.

"Noona! Stop cursing or I'm putting you off speaker. I don't want my mom to hear this.", he replied, making Aerin chuckle.

"Why did you call?"

"Oh right. Jisung and I were talking and we were wondering how you were doing after everything that happened earlier. Jisung asked me to call you because he said that if he did, there will be too many awkward silences."

His reply made her laugh as she said, "I'm fine just a little tired."

"Good I'll let you go to sleep then, noona!", he said with a cheerful tone that always makes her smile.

"Goodnight lele.", Aerin said before hanging up. She stood up and went to her bed, plopping down on it and cuddling into her covers. She slowly started to fall asleep, Jeno's words replaying in her head one last time.

a/n: oof how is jeno going to make up for that? anyway i need more distraction i'm bored

a/n: omg i totally forgot to post this yesterday ksjsbsihsjshs