▹ The simple smiley face

From the day that George and Jungkook first met all those years ago, George has had a habit of drawing a smiley face on the side of Jungkook's hand. Through the years, he has drawn it in the same spot and it became quite an iconic thing once the fandom found out about it, it was a George and Jungkook thing and as small as it may seem to some, it's something small and insignificant but to the two of them, it means a lot more.

George was sitting in an empty room at the Bighit company just playing with his guitar to unwind a bit when Jungkook barged in. George glanced up, fingers still strumming the strings as he nodded in greeting towards the youngest, who stopped beside his chair. George kept his hands on the guitar but stopped playing in order to hear what Jungkook had to say.

"Can you draw a smiley on my hand please?" It was random, but George was used to it. Jungkook loved the smiley face George often drew and so, he nodded his head and placed down the guitar. He reached over and grabbed the pen before gently taking Jungkook's hand in his own. He drew the smiley face how he usually would and examined it with a smile before looking back up at the grinning maknae.

"Happy now, Kook?"

Jungkook nodded. "Very. Thanks, Hyung."

With that, he rushed out of the room leaving George alone with his own thoughts. Picking the guitar back up, George got comfortable and began strumming the strings once more. He usually only did this when he was stressed and for George, it had been a very stressful week due to the fact that he was preparing for his own solo mixtape. It had been bringing his mood down a lot, sure he loved making music and the idea of having his own songs is exciting but it was a lot of work and he just needed a bit of a break from it.

He had most of the songs written and even got some people to feature on it planned out and confirmed already so that bit was done but the writing the rest of the songs, coming up with a track and recording it then shooting the music video for the title track it stressed him out. George's anxiety had been playing up a lot and he just wanted to be alone. A yawn escaped his lips and he tossed his head back to rest his eyes for a second, however, a second lasted much longer than expected.

The sky had darkened and the moon took over from the sun as George opened his eyes four hours later. It was 8 in the evening and he had managed to nap in that chair, guitar in hand for four hours. A hum of confusion left him as he looked around, eyes landing on his phone which was blowing up with notifications from the boys. He had promised to be home by six since he hadn't spent much time with them lately and they were all worried about him.

"Oh shit," he cursed harshly before jumping up.

He threw on his hoodie and grabbed his guitar as well as his phone and car keys before rushing out of the room. He placed his guitar safely in the recording studio before closing the door making sure it was locked before heading out of the building towards his car. He yanked the door open and slid inside starting it up with haste. He backed out of the car park and began his journey home.

"Fuck, I'm so sorry. I fell asleep at the studio and-" George didn't get a chance to close the door before someone had pounced on him, holding him tight. George sighed and hugged the member back, it didn't take long for him to figure out that it was Jimin. "I'm so sorry, I fell asleep and was stressed. Fuck."

"George chill, we aren't mad. We understand," Yoongi chuckled as he emerged from the kitchen with a bottle of water.

"I know but I promised I'd be home and-"

"George, you're working on something really big right now, we get it don't worry. Anyway, you're just in time because we have something that you might wanna see," Yoongi told him, nodding towards the door to the lounge area where the rest of the boys were waiting.

Confused and kind of scared, George walked - with Jimin still attached to him - towards the group of five, Yoongi followed after him. Through his narrowed eyes, George looked around before they landed on a nervous Jungkook. Letting go of Jimin, he pointed to the maknae.

"Are you gonna like hurt me or something because we both know I can't take you down, you might as well just claim victory now. You don't need to hi-" George cut himself off with a squeak as he flinched when Jungkook moved.

"I'm not going to hit you, I was going to show you this."

Jungkook rolled up his sleeve to reveal his hand which was wrapped in saran wrap. George leaned closer and gasped when he saw what the youngest had done. There on the side of his hand just below his thumb was the smiley face that George had drawn, only this time the ink was permanent.

"Yo-you got it tattooed?"

Jungkook nodded feeling a little bit emotional. "It means so much to me, it's a stupid smiley face to you but whenever I was sad you would draw it on to cheer me up and surprisingly it always worked. I wanted it not only because of that but because you mean more to me than I say and I just wanted a tattoo that symbolised you."

George's eyes were glossed over and his lip had been taken in between his teeth. The week had been stressful and this was just something so nice for him to come home to. He couldn't stop the small sob from escaping when he took Jungkook in his arms, the maknae was also crying as his Hyung held him tightly, caressing the back of his head like he always would.

"Now I have permanent proof that I'm your favourite member," George spoke through his tears.

The group would usually roll their eyes, but this time they smiled and laughed at the silly comment. The sight before them was amazing, their youngest had always had a special bond with George and now he had a tattoo to show it. It wasn't just special to George and Jungkook but the whole of BTS too. The six other members were quickly invited into the hug.

Standing there in the middle of the BTS dorm was eight boys who had come so far and been through so much together.

"I love you boys so much."

"We love you more."

______________________________

excuse me while i just go SOB MY HEART OUT. i love writing this book honestly.

thank you so much for reading, this wasn't proofread but i hope you enjoyed anyway.

you are greatly appreciated 💜

— blue x