[TGGBB New Version] "Broken Glasses" Chapter One

Disclaimer:

This is not the first chapter of this book "TGGBB". This is the first chapter of the new rewritten version of "TGGBB" which will be under the title "Broken Glasses". This is a chapter written by a 20-year-old that has put everything she has learned in the (well since it's 2020 right now and I began writing in 2012) 8 years she has been writing into this chapter.

After this single chapter, you will be reading a book written by a middle schooler who began the book at 13 and completed the book at 15. After you read this first chapter of "Broken Glasses" please feel free to compare it to the first chapter of "TGGBB" and see the changes I have made and the parts I have kept. I have several works in my account and the only reason I still have them, despite the quality of the writing from my pre-teen and my teen years, is to inspire any aspiring writers with the progress I have made and the potential you have as well.

I hope you enjoy this chapter and follow "Broken Glasses" before continuing with "TGGBB". Thank you.

-

Warning: Rereaders (RR) will NOT be tolerated for spoiling the story for First Time Reader's (FTR). Broken Glasses is a stand-alone book. I will withhold updating if I see any. Please call out any rereaders if you see the #RR and a spoiler as well as warn FTRs for them. Also, don't make fake spoilers- They aren't funny when commented in the book. Please tell me on my message board for any extreme spoilers by saying the chapter and quote.

~

I dropped my binder.

This was bound to happen when you have been tripped on your way to your next class. I crashed onto the floor, having a rough landing on my arms. I struggled to fix my glasses back in place but I already knew that my schoolwork was littered across the hallway floor.

I swear I'm not the clumsy type. I take pride in the fact that I have never broken a dish before in my life. I didn't merely trip over my shoelaces. The actual reason was that a single foot was in my way as I searched through my binder to check I had my notes for my next class. I ignored the laughter and comments surrounding me as I crawled on the floor trying to gather my stuff that had been scattered across the floor. Students that were passing by kicked them away as they walked or left shoe prints on top of them. 

We were barely a few weeks into the school year here in Dartwell high, home of the dragons, and the bullying was as persistent as ever. I had to give my peers some credit for being able to keep it up all the way to my final year in high school.

As I reached for the English essay I received full marks for, a shoe was suddenly on top of it. I was able to pull my hand back before it could crush it.

"Why hello there, Nerdy Naomi." I could hear the smirk in the voice. I knew that voice all too well.

The papers crumpled in my hand. Through gritted teeth, I responded, "Hello, Raymond."

I stared hard at the ground, refusing to look up at him, as I always did.

"Get up."

I didn't move.

"I said, get up."

I had no other choice. I began to stand up, but perhaps I was too slow for him because hands were suddenly on my shoulders and I was forced to stand up. I was roughly pushed back and pinned to the lockers. I felt the locks and door handles dig into my back. The football team's quarterback easily lifted me off the ground so that I could stare into his cold, brown eyes.

"I have to give you some credit," I bit out, wincing. "I never imagined this is how I would get swept off my feet. Call me a hopeless romantic."

"I'd say just hopeless- You read too many books," Raymond casually replied before letting go of his grip, causing me to land on my ass.