79🔥 Helpful

Songhee placed the towel down as a sigh escaped her lips, her blue hair damp from having just taken a shower.

She should've known Hayoon wouldn't show.

Now, she just felt like an idiot for believing she would, she felt foolish for even calling for her in the first place. It hurt her that her feelings always seemed to win every battle when it came to her rationality.

As she laid in her bed, in the dark, she heard hushed whispers right next to her ear; as if someone was whispering into her ear. Without consciously realizing what she was doing, Songhee slipped on some shoes and walked out of her room, her body in some sort of trance as she walked away from her closed bedroom door and towards one of the many balconies lining the school.

It wasn't until she was outside on one of the balconies, that she realized why she was entranced to even walk there in the first place.

Hayoon stood in front of her in all her glory, her white hair seeming fluffier than the clouds as it danced with the wind, her hands stuffed in a leather jacket while she was wearing some white pants and black boots. She seemed nervous, apprehensive, as she finally made eye contact with Songhee.

Songhee had to keep her tears from spilling out of her eyes. It was easy to mask her hurt when Hayoon wasn't around, when she didn't see her face and wasn't reminded of the way Hayoon betrayed her, but she was standing right in front of her, nervous, innocent, it took everything in Songhee to not sob while slapping her.

But she knows deep down, she wanted to kiss her.

Hayoon looked tired, exhausted really, a fresh bruise on her tan collarbone.

Songhee opened her mouth to speak, but it seemed her brain forgot how to form words, forgot how to make her vocal cords vibrate in a way it would produce coherent words.

Hayoon spoke up first, "Why did you call for me?" she inquired, leaning against the railing of the balcony as she openly looked Songhee up and down.

The elder female had white silk shorts on, something she always wore to bed, and a loose black shirt; Hayoon had to keep her thoughts from traveling to far dirtier places.

Her and Songhee weren't together anymore.

She betrayed Songhee, lost every ounce of trust she still had.

Songhee would be stupid not to hate her.

Little does Hayoon know when it comes to her, Songhee is pretty stupid.

Finally, after Songhee made her brain remember how to speak, she asked, "Are... are you Akane and Joonwae's daughter?"

Hayoon didn't hesitate as she replied, "Yes, I am." her arms crossed over her chest.

"Akida and Malchin are your grandparents?"

"Yes."

"Is your twin brother alive?"

"He is."

"Does Cashel know you are Akane and Joonwae's daughter?"

"He does."

"Is your mother the one attacking the academy?"

Hayoon didn't answer this question, instead, she just stared at Songhee; knowing the elder female knew the truth and didn't need Hayoon's confirmation.

Songhee had to keep herself from asking what she really wanted to ask, which were all questions revolving around them, around what they had.

She wanted to know if it was all a lie.

Hayoon sighed, moving away from the railing, "If that's all you called me here-"