King Of New York

Spot's POV

She finished wrapping my hand and backed away. She examined my face again, she stepped closer and gently placed her hands on the side of my face. Her eyes carefully going over each of my injuries. She bites her lip, clearly not liking how much damage I took. She pulls back, gets a rag, wets it and comes back and starts to clean off my face. I wince.

"S-Sorry..." She whispered. I just stared at her as she worked. She's good at this. Her face started to turn red as I continued to stare at her. Her hand reaches hesitantly for my hat, before she stops and pulls her hand back. She looks up at me. "May I?" I nod, my eyes never leaving hers. Her eyes go back to my hat and she takes it off carefully. She places it on the counter beside me.

She takes the rag and cleans off my forehead. "Didja hafta do dis a lot wit some of da 'Hatten Newsies?" She nods. "Especially da younga ones... they always got beat up by some scabbas..." I nod once, so I don't disturb her work. She gets some bandages from the kit and puts them on some of the cuts on my face. "He busted ya lip..." She whispered, more to herself than me. She cleans the rag some, before she gently takes it to my busted lip. I wince again. She winces with me.

"S-Sorry..." She whispers again. She furrows her brows as she gets it cleaned up. "Oh dea..." "What is it sweetheart?" "Ya lip's busted pretty bad... I may have ta give ya stitches... and I don't see anything to numb it... so either I just leave it... or it's gonna hurt a lot...." "Do da stitches." She looks up at me. "Youse sure?" I nod. "I always did dis for da boys in 'Hatten." She holds out her hand. "I'd tell 'em ya squeeze if it hurt."

I stared at her hand and quirked a brow. "It woiks a lot more than ya think. But, if youse Wanna just grip the counter dats fine too." I look up at her. "Ise don't wanna hurt youse." She smiles at me a little. "You won't Spot, Ise promise." I hesitate for a moment before taking her hand. "Youse won't hurt me Spot, I had ta do dis wit Mush a couple a times." She grabbed the threaded needle.

She looked at me. "Youse ready?" I nod. She skillfully and carefully starts to thread the needle through my lip. My close my eyes, and suck in a breath through my teeth. I feel my hand tighten around hers, I do my best to focus on not squeezing too hard. "Spot, don't hold backs, it'll only make it woise." I breath out through my nose, relaxing my grip a little, but then she starts to pull the thread through and I squeeze her hand again.

After about ten more minutes she had finished, and was now cleaning up some more blood. After she was sure it was done bleeding she washed up and pit the kit away. She clapped her hands together. "Okay... youse all good... unless youse thinks I missed sometin'." I hop off the counter and turn towards the mirror. My eyes widened a little. I didn't know what I looked like before, but it was almost like nothing happened. I laughed a little.

"Youse truly are sometin' sweetheart. Thank youse." She shook her head smiling shyly, as her face turned pink. "I-it was notin', simple first aid dats all..." "I don't tink dat sewin' up wounds is 'simple first aid' sweetheart. Youse did amazin' and if anythin' happens ya me again, youse be da one I come to first." She shakes her head again. "R-really, I-it was notin'." I roll my eyes with a smile. "Thank Youse sweetheart. Now let's get some rest, wese gotta be a Tibby's tommara, bright an' early."

She quirked a brow at me. "Bright an' early? Eleven?" I shrugged. "Normally I sleep in on da off days." She rolls her eyes with a smile before she gets into her bed. "Goodnight Spot." I walk over to my side, I turn back to her. "Goodnight Sweetheart." I shut the curtain and go to the couch. Truly, a goil of many talents.

~Timeskip to Tibby's~

The next morning we arrive at Tibby's, (Yn) stays close to me. We woke up a little early this morning so she could change the bandages and check the stitching. "Spot, youse cleaned up nice didn't ya?" Race said walked up to us. "She's a miracle woika." She looked down a small smile on her face. "Youse nursed 'im didn't you?" She nods. Race laughs. "Mush has had ta makes up for ya absence, he don't do as well as youse, but it's betta than notin'."