Chapter 17: Training

Emma POV 2 year's later
(Ryan age 18 Emma age 15)

Today's a big day graduation is tonight. I know Ryan's excited. He turned eighteen a few months ago and with being the new alpha and also having to finish school has been stressing him out. Finally he can breath.

I wake up to his steady breathing tickling my ear. I turn my head slightly in my sleep to avoid further irritation. Snuggling further into my mate. Ryan has grown and is now 6'4 his dark brown hair has become somewhat longer and gone are his boyish features. His jaw has become sharp and his eyes ever so daring. I no longer love a boy I love a man.

It's funny to think about it. We've grown up together and pure friendship has blossomed into love and attraction. I'm no longer a baby faced child. I've grown I now stand at  5'2 and no longer do I appear to look like a child. I have been graced with my mother's curves which are delicate and yet attractive. My cheekbones have become more defined and my lips have become more plump.  

The alarm goes off signaling it's tome for morning training. For being the runt of the pack I am the fasted wolf on the field. I sit up kissing my mate on the cheek and running off to my room. I grab my black nike shorts and a matching sports bra. I lace up my running shoes and race back to Ryan's room.

I rush through the oak door to find Ryan staring at me with desire in his eyes. He wearing his black nike shorts and shoes similar to mine.

His eyes roam my bare stomach and move down to my legs. Silver flashes through.

"Put this on." He growls his eyes still shining. He throws me one of his shirts which once on my small figure drowns in. It's covers in his scent I know it's Malcolms doing. He doesn't like anyone looking at me period while Ryan is okay with my girl friends seeing me Malcolm even has trouble with them.

I twirl in the shirts showing him it's on. My mates blue eyes reappear and he smiles in pride at my new outfit.

Ryan stalks towards me his arms wrapping around my waist and bringing me into his grasp.

"I love it when you wear my clothes." He whispers huskily. I can't help but sigh at his compliment.

"Okay let's go babe or we are going to be late." He says grabbing a hold of my hand and leading me down the stairs and out to the training grounds.

We make it down to the fields in no time. All the other pack members are stretching to get ready for a day of sparring with each other. Ryan and I take our places at the front of the group next to the alpha.

"Okay everyone today we will be doing our Monday sparring class. I'm going to pair each of you up depending on your fighting skills and size." Alpha says. He goes on to pairing everyone up together. I get paired with Lacey. Laceys a red head who I've never spoken a word to.

As future Luna I know most people in the pack but Lacey has always avoided me like I carry the bubonic plague.

"Hi Lacey it's nice to be paired up with you." I say smiling at her.

"Whatever." She replies rolling her eyes at me.

Ignoring her rude comment we both get into our fighting stance and when the alpha blows his whistle we are off.

Laceys the first to punch but I duck and sprint behind her swiftly kicking her in the back of the knee watching as she falls to the floor. Jumps up from the floor in seconds and let me tell you she looked pissed. We continue to circle one another she goes to punch me once again I in return grab her arm with both my hands and using my weight and momentum I push her to the floor.

"Great job Emma!" Alpha says as he watches us fight. I smile politely at him.

"You bitch!" I hear come from my right when I look I find Lacey staring at me with her face red with embarrassment.

"Excuse me?" I reply.

"You heard me you bitch! You always act like you're so perfect. The only reason everyone is nice to you is because you're Ryan's mate! If only you weren't because then he'd be all over me!" She screams. Everyone is looking at us I see Ryan out of the corner of my eye moving towards us.

"That's right! I am Ryan's mate and your future Luna! So if you continue to talk to me with that foul mouth of yours you will be banned and I'm sure your wolf wouldn't be too happy would she?" I sneer back.

"My mate doesn't act perfect!" I hear Ryan growl out from behind me. "She is perfect." And with that the alpha dismisses training.

We make it up to my room fairly quickly and I follow Ryan in. He's no happy at all. His eyes keep changing colors. I'm even getting agitated with his condition. I run over to him and wrapping my arms around him trying to help control the wolf inside him.

"Ryan I need you to breath. Malcolm I'm okay." I whisper.

"I know your okay we just can't stand others treating our mate badly." His husky voice replies.

It's gotten stronger. Our bond even though I'm supposed to shift at sixteen our parents worry that I might change sooner. Ryan's always careful and worried sick about what might happen to me if I do shift early especially since I'm the runt of my last pack. My wolf may not be strong enough and die which can kill me also.

Ryan POV

Malcolm wants blood. No one is to speak to their future Luna in such a manner. Especially when she's my mate. Emma keeps telling us everything is okay but is it really? This isn't the first time someone had been rude to her and with our bond growing stronger I fear the worst. Emma can feel the full mate bond even without her wolf.

I lean my head into Emma's neck and breath in enjoying her scent. I stay their for a minute calming my wolf down.

"Let's mark mate!" Malcolm purrs.

"Not unless you plan on killing our mate!" I growl back. Malcolm whimpers in response and burying himself deeper in my mind.

Leaning back I see that I have lifted up Emma in my arms and she's asleep. I kiss her cream cheek before waking her up softly.

"Babe, my love, we have school you have to get ready." I mumble into her ear.

Hey readers!!! Sorry I've been so late on an update I've had major writers block. The next chapter is gonna be gooood! 💖😘

Please vote or leave a comment.💕

XOXO- Lillian Dero