𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:STAYING FOR A LONG WHILE

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN:
STAYING FOR A LONG WHILE

1950

ROSALIE AND EMMA HADN'T made it official, but they were getting there. It was a process that Emma needed to slowly go through, and Rosalie promised that she could take all the time in the world. She took it slow. The two would hold hands with one another, which took Emma almost two weeks to get comfortable with when they were around the others.

The reason Emma was taking everything so slowly was because she didn't like to be judged. And even though girls being with girls still wasn't necessarily accepted in the current era, it was much worse when she was little and she was scared of the consequences. It was when the two had held interlaced hands with one another for the first time in front of the family that Emma was starting to slowly grow more comfortable for showing her affection towards the blonde vampire.

Emmett had simply yelled in praises that they were together but not together at the same time. The boy was simply happy at the fact that Rosalie had finally found her other half, as well as the fact that Emma was slowly but surely starting to grow more comfortable around the family. The trio―︎Emma, Jasper, and Alice―︎had been with the Cullen's for almost a full year.

Jasper and Alice decided that the next place they moved to, the two were going to get married and Jasper was going to legally change his last name to Hale. Emma wasn't really supportive of the whole name changing, and Carlisle assured her that if she wanted she could keep her last name, Amelia even offered to change her last name as well so that whenever they went to school they could be siblings.

Emma, of course, politely declined this offer. She sat on the arm of the couch, the rest of the family in the room as they talked about their future plans once they left Washington.

"We should visit the Denali's, introduce them to Jasper, Emma, and Alice." Esme suggested. Carlisle looked at his wife, nodding his head in agreement.

"The Denali's?" Emma's soft voice questioned.

"They're our cousins. They're a coven up in Alaska." Carlisle explained to the blonde who nodded her head. Emma shared a look with Alice and Jasper, shrugging her shoulders as a small smile fell over her face. She's always wanted to visit Alaska. The topic then went back on it's original course, talking about the changing of names.

"It's whatever you want to do, Emma." Esme assured her, her soft and caring voice truly made Emma feel like she was apart of their family. It made a small smile twitch up at the corners of her lips.

"I'll probably keep for a few more years, then I'll change it." Emma answered. Esme smiled at her before nodding her head.

"Well, it's settled then. I'll talk with the Denali's and let them know we'll be staying in the next couple of months." Carlisle said before leaving the room. Emma let out a soft sigh before walking out of the room and up the stairs. Esme had given she, Jasper, and Alice their own rooms a few weeks after the trio had decided to stay with the family.

Emma entered her room. It was simple, but it looked like a true teenagers bedroom. She held a bed in the far corner of the room. Fairy lights were hung all around the room. There was a book shelf in the opposite corner filled with a few books that Emma had collected over the years as well as her records. Her record player sat at the foot of her bed, and her dresser was sat on the far wall. Esme had offered to build her a closet, but Emma declined claiming that she would probably end up using one of the other girls closet whether she wanted to or not.

Emma laid on the lavender purple covers of her bed, a book in her hand and her head leaning against the wall. The book she had gotten from the book store a few nights ago was held in her hands. It was a small book, only holding 208 pages in it. Emma was already halfway through it and she had to admit that it piqued her interest. A knock came at her bedroom door, grabbing her attention from the book.

"Come in." She called, bookmarking her page before setting it on the bedside table. Jasper popped his head into the room and Emma offered him a small smile, letting him know he could enter further. He closed the door behind him and walked up to Emma's bed. The girl moved over, patting the empty space beside her.

"What's up, Jazz?" She questioned, looking over at her brother.

"Just wanted to check in." Jasper answered, wrapping an arm around her shoulders. She leaned into his side with a small smile on her face.

"I think. . . " Emma started after a moment. She removed herself from her brother so that she could look at him. "I think we're going to be staying for awhile. A long, long while." Jasper smiled brightly at his sister before pulling her into a hug. Emma let out a laugh as she hugged him back. The two siblings were both happy here, and it was the best feeling to know that the other sibling was happy and content with the Cullen family. It was the best feeling to know that Emma was finally becoming comfortable with people again.

Jasper gave his little sister a kiss on the top of the head, the smile never leaving his face. This is what they had been searching for all their many years of living, and they finally found it.

 This is what they had been searching for all their many years of living, and they finally found it

959 words

Authors note: The first part of this book is almost over! There's only three chapters left!

I hope you all enjoyed! Stay safe! Until next time, bye loves!♥️

@HAHA_LIFEISTOUGH