23: "Keep it in your pants, Potter."

"So they can't find him, huh?" Lily asks as she returns from dinner with Alice and Marlene. They've all been taking shifts to go eat, James having brought me back a bowl of soup after his own turn. Lily's was the last shift, and she squeezes Sirius's shoulder as he shakes his head.

"You have to eat, Sirius," Marlene says as she sits next to him and rubs his thigh.

"I'm not hungry," he says. He's the only one who hasn't left my side, and we've been talking lowly about this and that as I slowly regain my voice. It's been about five hours since I first arrived, and I put my hand on Sirius's arm.

"She's right," I say hoarsely, "I'll be fine if you go eat dinner."

I let go of him quickly, not wanting Marlene to get mad, and he shakes his head.

"No, I'm staying here."

"For Pete's sake, Sirius." Marlene rolls her eyes in annoyance, "She's telling you to go, what's your issue?"

"What's my issue?" He glares at her in disbelief, "Our friend was hit by the Cruciatus Curse and you're asking me what my issue is?"

"You've been here for five hours! She doesn't need you hovering over her every minute!" Marlene argues loudly before lowering her voice to a slightly seductive tone and stroking his arm, "Why don't we get out of here?"

"You cannot seriously be arguing with me over being here to support her!" He shouts, standing up, "She's been through hell these last few months, and she's not asking for anything! Yet here you are, the worst thing you've gone through this year is a chipped nail, and you're asking me to leave the bedside of our tortured friend for a hookup?"

She shrugs, "I have my needs."

He looks at her like she's a piece of dirt on his shoe, and I just look up at him.

"Sirius, it's fine, really—"

"No, Cass, stay out of this." He doesn't even glance at me as he points an angry finger at his girlfriend, "You know, you've always been a bit of a bitch, Mar, but I never thought you'd be a selfish and shitty friend as well."

She looks slightly hurt at that, and I'm not surprised when her sadness melts to anger and she slaps Sirius across the face.

"Woah!" Alice says as Lily quickly tugs Marlene away.

"We're through, you asshole!" Marlene shrieks as Lily tugs her from the room, Alice close in tow.

"First good news all week!" Sirius shouts after her, flopping back down in his seat as we're left alone. He glances at me, and I bite back my smile, provoking a grin of his own to take over his features, "what's funny?"

"You guys are just really dramatic," I say, my voice cracking a bunch but a lot better than it was when I first got here, "It's like a show."

He chuckles, his anger dissolving to reveal a small smile of relief as he grabs my hand again. This time I can feel every movement, and I don't care if a shooting pain goes up my arm, I just smile as he starts rubbing circles again.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asks, and I nod.

"Loads. I'll be beating you up in no time, Black," I joke, and he laughs.