Chapter 17 - A Friend's Friend

{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Hello everyone! I am so sorry that I have not been posting daily. I am trying to get back on a regular schedule since I messed it up, as usual 😅

Also- a big "thank you" to all who have been reading the book, since it's nice to know that there's people out there that enjoy this kind of stuff as much as I do.
☆彡
{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}

Saiph stood next to Bail Organa, watching as they and Padmé as well as Mon Mothma sat across from three Separatists all in similar outfits. The Duchess Satine sat on her throne observing the discussions. They were currently having a deep conversation in which Saiph seemed to have forgotten the purpose of in Mandalore, since it was a neutral planet. Saiph and Ahsoka had been assigned to go as personal 'escorts' for the senators and to partially represent the Jedi council.

"The republic recognizes the tragedy of war," Padmé said with a calm but stern voice, Saiph liked to think that Padmé had a different voice for negotiations, meetings, debates and normal discussions.

Padmé continued, "but there is nothing we can change that has already occurred."

"Zay it aloud before zis gathering," one of the Separatist said in defence, her skin was green and she had red eyes, with plate-like spike on her head. "Az representative for Chancelleur Palpatine, that you declare, without rezervation , the Separatist state legitimate."

A tense silence filled the air and Saiph looked at the senators sitting in line. Their faces were written with looks of deep thought as they processed the woman's words. It was soon broken however by a voice coming from the entrance of the main hall.

"I have something to say about the legitimacy of the Separatists."

Saiph turned her head to her right to see who the Boyce belonged to and noticed that it was a boy, around her and Ahsoka's age. He had brown hair with matching dark brown eyes as well. There were then a swarm of whispers in the hall. As the teenage boy walked down to the front of the small group of people.

"It's Lux Bonteri..."

"Why is Lux Bonteri here?"

"What could he possibly have to say?"

"He was not invited!"

Saiph realized that this was the boy that Ahsoka had met, from a little trip Saiph was not able to attend, then looked to her friend but got a shrug from her. She leaned down to hear Ahsoka whisper to Padmé.

"You didn't mention that Lux Bonteri would be here..."

"I... didn't know." Padmé said truthfully and the two padawans glanced around each other once again before turning back to the front where the boy, Boeing before the duchess, then standing in front of a podium.

"I stand before you, son of Mina Bonteri, loyal Separatist, a patriot," he looked to Ahsoka, "a friend."

Saiph discreetly turned her head to see Ahsoka and saw her smile softly at the boy.

He continued, "It and come to my attention, that my mother was murdered by Count Dooku in cold blood!" His voice rose like a crescendo throughout the sentence.

One of the Separatists jumped up in anger, "This is a lie! Remove this traitor immediately!!" Saiph identified him as big brain since he had a head, which.... to say the least was quite large.

Two droids strode over to Lux in large steps, their mechanics whirring as they did.

Saiph had quickly got into a defensive stance behind Bail Organa whereas Ahsoka had stepped forward to end the altercation. However, Ahsoka was stopped by Padmé holding out her arm to prevent Ahsoka from doing anything too rash.