6. Summer Days

Osamu POV
(Summer before attending Inarizaki High)

"Ugh. 'Samu it's hot," Atsumu complains as he sits in front of the fan to cool himself off.

"I know it is," I nonchalantly answer with a volleyball magazine flat down on my face as I lay down on the couch exhausted from the heat.

"Then go turn on the air conditioning. I don't think I can live anymore," Atsumu exaggerates as he falls with his back to the floor. "I'm going to die from this heat."

"You're not going to die," I bluntly respond. "Why don't you turn the air conditioning on yourself? You have two legs so go do it."

"But the heat is making me lazy," Atsumu whines as he throws a tantrum.

I sigh. "Of course it is."

After graduating from middle school, the summer days were fun at first, but after a while they have grown to be quite boring. To pass by time, we've been playing volleyball, watching TV, sleeping, you name it and we probably did it. Everyday has been the same. I don't know what else to do at this point.

Ring

My cell phone suddenly vibrates and I take the magazine off my face to check who texted me. "Who's texting me now?" I mumble as I scratch the back of my head.

My eyes widen when I see Michi's number and I bring myself up from the couch.

[Osamu, are you and Atsumu free tomorrow?]

Right after her text, she sends me a cute rabbit gif. I chuckle. How cute.

"Gross, why are you laughing creepily to yourself? Did you get a text message from Michi—?"Atsumu teases and I throw a pillow at him.

"Hey!" Atsumu angrily shouts and I ignore him.

[We are. How come?]

[Do you want to go to the beach together? Izumi's family owns a beach house and we can spend the day there.]

"Beach house?" I accidentally mumble aloud.

"Huh? What beach house?" Atsumu asks as he pokes his head next to my shoulder. "Did Michi invite us to the beach?"

"She did," I answer. "Izumi's family owns a beach house and Michi invited us over to hang out."

"Oohhhh the beach," Atsumu says in awe and starts to get excited like a little kid. "If we're at the beach then we can play beach volleyball."

"You volleyball maniac. Don't forget that there's an ocean to swim in too," I sigh.

"I know I know, but how about it? Beach volleyball are you in?" Atsumu eagerly asks.

I shrug. "I'm fine with it, but you have to ask the girls if they want to play."

"It's a no brainer. Of course they'll want to join." Atsumu grins.

I chuckle. "That's true, they probably would join."

A small smile forms on my face. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Michi POV
(The next day ~ At the beach)

After getting a ride from Izumi's older brother to the beach house, I happily jump out of the car and take in the fresh sunlight.

"Thanks for the ride!" Mikki and I bow down our heads as we thank the tall man in the car with long blue hair tied in a ponytail.

"Of course, thanks for taking care of my sister. It's good to know that she has such nice friends," he says with a charming smile.