38

The Yule Ball is tonight but I haven't gotten a date. Talking with my friends, they keep saying how excited they are and I'm still sour. Sure, I have a beautiful dress for the ball but what's the point if I don't have a date?

"Elora?"

"yeah?" I looked at Hermione.

"I think it's time for you to accept a boy. I heard Cedric asked Cho to the ball" Hermione said and I widen my eyes. He asked Cho to the ball? I should have known he won't ask me, besides, the ball is tonight. What an idiot I am?

"I'm so sorry, Elora" Anne said and I sighed, nodding my head.

"it's fine. I should have known instead of waiting for him like a fool" I said and put my head down on the table.

"hey Elora?" I looked up at Charlotte's voice.

"turn around" I do as she says to see a Durmstrang student standing behind me with a bouquet of flowers in his hands. I stand up before him and look at the black haired boy, waiting for him to say something. He has brown eyes with thick dark eyebrows, he is taller than me, he also has perfect features for a boy including sharp jawline, tanned skin and as we can expect from every Durmstrang students, he is muscular. I must admit that he is good looking.

"yes?"

"my name is Ivan Andriev. Vill you come to the ball vith me" I stared at him in shock and bite my lips. Cedric is going with Cho and the ball is tonight so this is my chance.

"I uh..." I looked at ny friends and they were all urging me to say yes. I turn back at the boy with hopes swimming in his eyes.

I smiled warmly "I will g-"

"she's my date" Malfoy appeared out of nowhere while wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I watch as the Durmstrang boy's face turned into a disappoint one.

"no! I'll go with yo-" I said at the Durmstrang boy but quickly cutted off by Malfoy.

"you can leave" I watch Ivan leave with his head down and a frown on my face. After I watch him turned around the corner, I turned to Malfoy and hit him on his chest repeatedly.

"you idiot! You make me lose my date!" he grabbed my wrist and hold me in my place from hitting him.

"you can go to the ball with me"

"there's no way I'm going to the ball with you!"

"well, you rejected all of the boys that asked you and that Durmstrang boy was your last chance. Tonight is the ball so you have to accept me or you'll end up with no date" he said with a cocky smirk on his face and I just have to use all of my patience to not kill him right now.

"fine. I'll go to the ball with you but I accepted you just because I don't want to be seen as a lonely champion. No strings attached"

"fine. No strings attached during the ball but I'm sure you'll fall for me by the end of this night"

"nope. I'm way better than you and I deserve a much more better guy like the Durmstrang boy. He's way more gentleman and attractive than you" he snorted when I say that.

"I'm much more powerful than him"

"honey, your rank doesn't matter to anyone when you don't have any manners" I said with my hands crossed over my chest. His smirk fall from his face as he looked at me coldly.

"I'll see you tonight" he said and immediately left. I watched as he walked away and stomped my feet as I turned to the girls who's looking at me with disbelief look on their faces.