Chapter 20

_Chapter 20_

Elliot Warren

"Take care," she said and waved me off when I opened the door ready to leave. Mom was still feeling a little restless, I could tell. But it was not as bad as it was with Ricky's father. But I'm sure both of them will eventually calm down as they will get used to it, at least I hoped so.

Anyway.

I knew I had other problems now as soon as I saw Ricky's car parking in front of the door with him leaning against his car while looking at his phone. Thus, he didn't noticed my presence until I was already in front of him.

"Should we go now? We're already running late," I nudged him to make him notice me. He jumped slightly as his eyes landed on me. It took a moment until he finally reacted and eventually nodded, helped me get in the car as usual and started driving.

Let's not talk about how awkward the atmosphere between us was. I mean, it was one thing for me but for him, he must have felt super uncomfortable. I did expect him to at least say something during the whole ride but he didn't.

He didn't even look at me, I mean.

And that made me even more upset. Why did it even feel like that? It was so annoying that it made me mad. Why does it feel like he just accepted it? Was he okay about how things were at the moment? I didn't get it.

I was still contemplating whether I should start talking or whether I should wait for him to finally raise his voice. On the one side, it was not my fault but waiting for him to react was just pathetic. Though, if I crawled back to his feet then he would never really get what my point was. He wouldn't understand anyway.

When we reached the school I thought that he would just let me go without a word. But instead when he opened the door he just stood there, blocking the way to my wheelchair and refused to let me leave.

"Ricky, don't piss me off even more." My attempt of getting rid of him failed though regardless of the effort I put into it.

"Elliot," he whispered. "I'm sorry." He forced himself on the edge of my seat and gently brushed my hair with the tip of his finger. "I was just annoyed and a little frustrated, I wasn't thinking yesterday, I'm really sorry."

I sighed despite feeling relief from the inside. "I thought you got tired of me," I confessed. "I thought you gave up on me already."

"Why would I do that?" He frowned.

"Because you didn't show any signs nor make any hints that you wanted to solve anything." Why was I making such a huge fuss, I was even starting to take pity on myself. Still, he didn't seem to feel that way at all, I noticed once he wrapped his hands around me.

"That's because I didn't know how to apologize. And I felt so bad I don't think that just apologizing would make it up for hurting you like that."

"That was really counterproductive," I chuckled suddenly. "I didn't plan to be that upset, but then you just had to keep quiet." I slowly removed myself out of his embrace and looked around, making sure no one was around. But the moment I did, the school bell rang and called everyone for class.

"You're not mad anymore?" He leaned his forehead against mine. I shook my head and pecked his lips. It also remained by a peck until he pulled me in for a deeper kiss.

I smiled again and had to push him away with the excuse, "We need to attend class, Ricky."

"I don't wanna," he shook his head and clung onto my waist in protest. "I don't want to leave your side right now."