50. The Grammys

'Annyeonghaseyo!' I finally see my BTS sunbaenims at the rehearsals. 

'Shannon's back!' Hoseok oppa cheers for me.

'Are you tired? Or you can rehearse straight away?' Jungkook oppa asks me.

'I'm fine! I slept all through the flight!' I say.

That's not really true. I think there was actually a few fans that followed me on the plane and were sitting right around me and Freddie oppa. Being stared at throughout the whole flight doesn't necessarily give you the lullaby effect.

But we don't have time now, we need to rehearse!

We've run through the whole performance three times and I have managed to memorise all the special places I have to go to during the performance. Otherwise, the choreo is no problem for all of us.

'Damn, Shannon, how did you manage to learn everything so fast?' Hoseok oppa asks.

'Ya, that's what I meant when I said Shannon is a monster,' Seokjin oppa says. 'She learns choreo faster than you, Hoseok-ah.'

'That's not true!' I say. They all laugh and we go and take a break.

I hurry to keep reading about different artists that are nominated or just are simply a big hit this year.

Ugh, jet lag is slowly hitting me. I feel my eyelids closing slowly, but I hate coffee...

'If you're tired, you can take a nap first,' Jungkook oppa appears out of nowhere.

'I'm fine, oppa.' I say. 'What about you? Are you tired from all the practices?'

'I'm alright,' he says. 'You're doing really well.'

'Thank you so much.'

He takes a deep breath before saying, 'can we talk about...'

Someone interrupts before he can finish his sentence. 'Jungkook-ah. Sorry, am I interrupting?' Jimin oppa asks.

I think both of us were frowning for a second but I immediately stand up, 'no, it's completely nothing, Jimin oppa. I'll go use the bathroom now.'

When I come back to the rehearsal room, a girl with a tight, high ponytail is talking to my sunbaes.

That's Ariana Grande!

They all spot me at the same time and Namjoon oppa tells me to go over to them.

'Ariana, this is Shannon, our junior from the label.' He introduces, 'Shannon, this is the one-and-only Ariana Grande.'

'Hi! I've listened to your songs and they are awesome!' She directly pulls me into a hug.

Wow, so not only does she sing well, she also smells like flowers.

'Thank you so much, I am a big fan.' I say.

I can already sense BTS stifling their laugh because of my lie.

'Let's take a photo together, shall we?' She asks.

'I'll take the photo,' I say because I still feel like an outsider together with these world-famous singers.

'No, my assistant can take the picture,' she says. 'James, could you come take a photo for all of us?'

She then leaves us to go back to her own rehearsals.

As the door closes, they all start laughing on the ground.

'Shannon-ah, you're really turning into an actor, aren't you?' Yoongi oppa says. 'I bet you've never listened to any of her songs.'

'I didn't want to be rude!' I explain.