07

"i think that's enough for today. let's not force too much knowledge into our brain," said renjun as he closed the textbook before him.

"do i still have a lot more to catch up on?" asked eunha.

"not so much. just one more lesson would be enough." he replied as he helped eunha pack her stuffs.

"are you heading home?" she asked as the two head out of the library together.

"stopping by the basketball court to see them practicing, wanna join?" he offered.

"i should probably just head home, i don't want them to get uncomfortable," she said.

"alright then," renjun said, "get home safe, eunha. call mark when you're home."

"i will, don't worry. see you tomorrow," eunha said with a smile, walking away.

as renjun arrived at the basketball court, he was greeted by seolhyun, who were sitting by the sides of the court, watching their three closest friends play.

"hey renjun," greeted seolhyun as she waved at renjun.

"hey hyun," he replied, sitting next to the girl.

"look who's playing!" she exclaimed, pointing her index at someone.

"am i seeing chenle?" asked renjun with his eyes squinted.

"yes! he said he'll start joining practices now!"

"what about jaemin?" renjun asked.

"i haven't heard about him in a while. i'm not even sure if chenle is back with us or he's just here to practice," seolhyun said.

"i really hope we'll all be there on our night." he said with a deep sigh.

"i miss her." seolhyun said, heaving a deep sigh.

"it's really different without her right?" he said.

"we used to be so close. the whole school adored our friendship. but look at us, now." she said as a tear dropped down her cheek.

"people say time can heal scars. i really hope mark hyung and jaemin will heal soon. because i miss the dreamies."

"i hope so, too."

"hey renjun!" greeted donghyuck as he ran towards the two, panting.

"hey hyuck," greeted renjun in return.

the younger sat next to seolhyun as she passes a drink and a towel to him.

"i'm still convinced that you two will end up dating," said chenle as he sat in front of the three.

"chenle," spoke seolhyun and donghyuck simultaneously, to which earned an eyebrow raise from both renjun and chenle.

"we're best friends and that's that." donghyuck said.

"best friends can fall in love, too." mark said, sitting down next to chenle.

"one thing i know is that i can never fall for donghyuck." seolhyun said which earned a laugh from all of them.

"chenle," called mark and chenle hummed in return, "is it possible to get jaemin back in the team?"

"i don't know, hyung." chenle replied, scratching the back of his neck.

"he's the best player. he needs to be back. we wouldn't be able to do it without him." donghyuck stated and everyone nodded.