Prologue

"It was true, I
took too much
for granted; I
trusted fate,
back then."

Eleanor King ran around the large house, trying to escape her Nurse. The six-year-old was adamant on getting the older woman to play with her.

Eleanor's brown hair fell to her shoulders in messy waves as she darted through the living room. She leapt over the plush couches and sprinted towards the large window overlooking the estate.

She pressed her palm against the window and gazed out into the garden. The ground was left muddy and damp from the storm the previous night.

"Miss. Bennet?" The little girl called, "Can't I go outside?" she begged.

The older woman smiled with a look of sadness in her eyes. "I'm sorry, little one, but you know you can't. The ground is all muddy. You could slip and hurt yourself," she cautioned.

The little girl slumped to the ground in defeat. She was never allowed outside when it rained, or after. Her mother never permitted it. To her caretakers, all four of them, the rain was too dangerous to play in. They warned her that she could slip and injure herself.

Eleanor never understood why they were so worried. She was certain other children were not kept inside all the time, protected at all costs.

She did not complain, however much she wanted to. She listened to her parents and remained cautious.

"Eleanor, " Rose Bennet called to the young girl, "go wash your hands, dinner is almost ready."

Eleanor sighed as she skipped to the bathroom to wash her hands. Her nurse followed close behind her.

The girl tripped over her own foot as she skipped, but Rose rushed forward and caught her before she could even hit the ground.

"Careful now, Eleanor," she warned, making sure the girl was in no harm.

After cleaning up, they sat at the dinner table with Eleanor's parents, Annie and Harry King, along with her tutor, Louise Weaver.

Eleanor got her brown hair from her mother, who kept hers in a tight bun on her head. She got her eyes, however, from her father. They both had almond-shaped blue eyes, her's were darker though, resembling the dark ocean.

Eleanor finished up her meal and went up to get ready for bed. There were no sharp knives in the house or any sharp objects at all. For her entire life, she was protected.

Eleanor never had an ordinary childhood and never will. She has never experienced falling down and scraping her knees on the cement, getting a paper cut, or any other injury that came with childhood.

She had not a single scar covering her body, reminding her she was different. She was not like the other children she heard so much about. She had never even seen another child. Yet, she read stories about children going on adventures, and having fun.

She wanted to explore the world, but that was a goal she believed she would never accomplish.

No matter how many times she begged her parents to let her leave the estate, their answer would always be no.

________________________________________

This is the start of another one of my books. This part is a bit short but no worries the rest of the chapters will be longer.

I just want to say, this story is not about someone good who's going to change Tom Riddle. No, this is someone who is neutral, who is being influenced by him due to vulnerabilities. It's about fighting the war inside yourself where your own enemy is yourself. Just a heads up!

I hope you stick around for the rest of the story. <3

– walkingmasterpiece xx