Chapter 24

Luca's POV(Gabriel's bestfriend)

  I landed in New York by 10am in the morning feeling quite nervous. I was meant to meet up with the person I had mistakenly bumped into when I went to Chicago for a business trip. I had tracked her all the way to New York, and if my hunch was correct I would bring happiness to my bestfriend who was basically my brother. Someone who had been through my ups and downs with me. This mattered dearly not only to him but to me too. She was a photographer apparently and I had a meeting about a photoshoot for my client but in all reality I would be taking her down memory lane.

I had reached the Monte Carlo bistro which was a small mundane restaurant close to where Gabriel's apartment was, this was the venue for our meeting. Nervous was such an understatement to what I was feeling right now. I felt like hours on end had passed when I had just gotten here 15minutes ago. I looked down to check a message that just came into my phone briefly when I heard someone talking to me... 
"Excuse me, Are you perhaps Luca Moretti?" The voice asked and I had to admit that voice was one of the finest voices I had ever heard but surprisingly it wasn't the one I was looking for. I raised up my head to see actually who I was waiting for...... Sierra. Gabriel would be so ecstatic to know that I had found Sierra the one he had been looking for since he came back from India. "Yes, I am he. Uhhmmm pls have a seat." Why did she act like she didn't know me. That was another thing that felt weird.
"So I really don't have much time to spare so let's get down to business." This Sierra was way different than the Sierra I knew, did something perhaps happen to her?
"Uhhh yes, So Sierra I know you remember me quite well. I don't know why you are pretending but please I have something important to tell you.  Oh and I didn't know you were a pro-photographer?"

She looked at me like I had said some absurd bullshit all the while looking afraid? "You must be mistaken, I'm not Sierra. If you came after me thinking you could see my sister you should have done your research well. How in the world do you think I'm her? And how exactly does she even know you" It was my turn to look perplexed. If this isn't Sierra then who is she? Just as if she read my thoughts she introduced herself.

"I'm Alexis Blooms, Sierra's twin sister. I really don't know how you know her but I don't want to hear it. You made a mistake and that's all that matters so I'm leaving cause I have a really important appointment to get to." She stood up immediately and was about to leave when I stopped her, standing on my feet as well "Miss Bloom's I'm so sorry. I really thought you were Sierra and when I saw your works in Chicago it said Blooms and I stupidly assumed you were your sister because of the surname and plus I didn't know she had a twin who looked exactly like her." I explained to her.

"So please can we just talk, I really need to see your sister." She looked at me like she was trying to crack some puzzle but slowly and reluctantly she sat down. "Okay then, 10minutes. I'm giving you 10minutes to explain yourself. Once your 10minutes is over I'm leaving." And then I nodded my head. "So how exactly do you know my sister. You look quite rich and from what I remember my sister hasn't had any friends outside of work since we moved here."

"Uhmmm I'm a friend of Gabriel's and I guess your sisters too." The look of utter shock was written on her face. Was I doing the right thing, I shouldn't have met her yet atleast.
"So hold up you're Gabriel Giovannis friend? The one my sister worked for before? The one that made her..." She stopped abruptly in the middle of her sentence. The one that made her whatt??
"I'm sorry but I need to go, I really can't be talking with you." She was about to standup and head out for the second time. "Please Gabriel really needs to see her. It's important." I knew what I was saying wouldn't convince her especially when she had that look in her eyes. The look of fear but fear of what I couldn't understand. She did sit down and when I was about to continue she stopped me and spoke up instead.
"My sister doesn't want to talk to him. I would advice you to keep this meeting between the both of us. No one needs to know about this, be it Mr.Gabriel or even my sister. It's better that the two of them don't meet each other at all, to close up past scars. If that's all I would be heading out." After saying that she didn't leave me with much of a choice. I nodded my head but I was still adamant on finding Sierra, I couldn't just let it slide like that but I wouldn't tell Gabriel until I find out her whereabouts. If finding out her whereabouts was stalking her sister I would do it. She stood up immediately and with a nod of her head she left me there and went away. I had to get as much information on this Alexis Blooms, as much information that would lead me to Sierra.

On my way to the car I kept thinking of different excuses I could give to Gabriel about this situation. Well thank God I didn't tell him directly that I had found Sierra even though it wasn't technically Sierra but her twin sister. Who would pass as a stepping stone in this process. I needed some good but false explanation to give to him until I could actually find Sierra.

Hey Guysssss, this is a short fill in chapter and I hope you guys liked it. Don't forget to vote and comment your thoughts about the book. Thank you. I purple you💜