Han Suyin - 3.7

"Okay everyone. Today, we're learning about our emergency weapons." Captain Han's voice was clearly heard through the field.

"Our what?" A soldier said cautiously.

After months of training with Captain Han, the group of soldiers who were training under him improved a lot. Even though it seemed like they were learning useless things in the beginning, they later understood that all these little tasks and training that Captain Han made them do helped increase their stamina, strength and agility. This was proved when they fought the soldiers from the other groups.

Almost everybody learned to keep their mouths shut when the Captain spoke about what they had to do each week, except for a few people who were a bit slow in realizing what would happen to them.

"Why don't you come here and I'll explain it to you." Captain Han gestured for the soldier to come over.

The teammates of the soldier already pushed him to Captain Han before he had a chance to think about it and blocked off the way to escape.

"I hope you don't mind being my demonstration buddy for today." The man in charge spoke, his charming eyes made it hard for the soldier to refuse, although, he didn't have a choice anyway.

"N-not at all."

"Good."

Han Xiu flung his sleeve and a knife appeared in his hand. It was more like a scary looking dagger. The knife was foldable and easy to conceal which made it all the more dangerous.

The soldiers looking at it felt a slight chill and they sent a tiny prayer to their fellow soldier who was about to face the weapon first-hand.

"Let's think like this," Han Xiu started to create a scenario for his group, "You're fighting an enemy and they get the upper-hand by taking your sword away."

He continued speaking and walked around the soldiers to see if they were paying attention. "What do you do if you don't have your main weapon?"

"We fight with our fists!" The soldiers yelled together.

"Oh." The Captain looked a little amused by their words which made all the men become a bit bashful.

Han Xiu laughed at his soldiers as they became more embarrassed.

"I like your spirit! It's very inspiring." Han Xiu consoled them.

"Although what you said made me very proud, you can't fight a person who has a sharp weapon, with your fists. You need to keep extra weapons on you. At least one would be enough."

Han Xiu walked back to the front and held up his knife. "This is my weapon."

"Is it for emergencies?" The soldier standing near him asked.

"Yes, you could say that." Han Xiu looked at the knife and twirled it a bit. "I use it when I need to, and it gets the job done very well."

The soldiers watched as their Captain looked attentively at the knife, the light of the sun reflected on the blade and into his eyes, creating an enchanting effect on the people who were watching.

Han Xiu looked up, and his peach blossom eyes were slightly narrowed, like he had thought of a memory.

'Arlo?'

'Yes, host?'

'What did I just witness?'

'You went back to a hidden memory.'

'That was Han Suyin's memory?'

'Yes it was.'

It must've been really traumatic for her if her own mind decided to block it.