🔷 23 - Bad Day 🔷

(WARNING ⚠️: Contains a bit of ANGST. Please read this at your own risk.)

====================================

Air woke up by the sound of his alarm ringing from his phone. He groaned in irritation, burying his face more on his pillow while one of his hand searched for the phone that was placed on top of his coffee table beside him, turning it off afterwards. Every now and then, Air used the alarm in his phone to wake himself up, and also, it was an advice from his mother to use it so she wouldn't have to go upstairs to his room to wake him up physically instead. After all, she needs to go to work early and she doesn't have time to wake her two sons up.

Air grunted as he rose up from his bed, yawning before preparing himself for school.

After a few minutes of showering, changing to his school uniform and eating his cereal as his breakfast, he then remembered about his little brother. He sighed in exasperation, going up the stairs to his young brother's room to check if he'd already went ahead of him again.

'I hoped he's actually gone by now. He knows that we have different time schedule in school...' He thought as he opened the door of his little brother's room.

Like what Air had in his mind, his little brother indeed went to school already, which made the water elemental sighed in relief. 'Finally, I can walk to school alone.' He thought, closing the door of Angin's room before going back downstairs, wearing his school shoes afterwards.

When he was done, he grabbed his backpack and went towards the door. But as he made his way to the door, he accidentally tripped on something, making him fall to the ground and grunted in pain. He groaned in frustration, looking at to where he just tripped earlier.

When he saw what it was, his face frowned in annoyance, giving it a menacing glare as well.

"You freaking dog..." He muttered as he got up from the ground, dusting off the dirt from his clothes afterwards. He then eyed Lucky once more, his hands forming into fists with his teeth clenched tightly.

Lucky on the other hand, lowered his head down in shame, looking at Air with his round, puppy eyes in hopes that he would forgive him. Truthfully, it was unintentional that Lucky tripped the water element because he was just only lying down on the floor peacefully. In short, he was innocent all along. But, since Air wasn't even paying attention on what he's stepping on in the first place, of course karma would hit him back.

"You don't anymore deserve to stay here in our house, you foolish dog." He grumbled, stomping his way towards Lucky afterwards.

All of the sudden, he grabbed the poor dog by the collar and dragged him outside of the house, chaining him afterwards.

"You are not allowed to stay inside our house. Ever." Air furiously stated, scoffing before going back to the door to lock it. Lucky couldn't help but whined, then tried to get Air's attention by howling softly. But unfortunately, the latter just ignored him as he made his way to school afterwards.

When Air was out of Lucky's sight, he tried to loose himself from the chain, which in the end, he did. But the problem is...

... will he stay put...?

<> <=> <>

[Air's POV]

I don't regret putting that stupid dog of ours outside. He's freakishly annoying to be honest, and I got to admit that. Plus, why on Earth did we adopt a dog in the first place?

I heaved a long sigh from those thoughts as I put my attention to my friends instead. It was our break time, recess to be exact. And seemingly among this group, one of our friend is acting weird lately. Guess what? It's the fearsome, pikachu elemental of ours: Petir.

He'd never touched his food ever since he bought them. Not only that but also, he's been staring blankly at it for about fifteen minutes straight like, his mind is wandering off to space or, he's thinking deeply about something.

"Hey Petir? You okay, bro?" My friend, Cahaya asked, looking at the said person worriedly.

Well as expected, we received no response from Petir since, he's been dreaming off to another world that never exists. Okay, I have to snap him out from his thoughts.

"YO!" I exclaimed as I clapped my hands loudly infront of his face, causing his head to back away as he finally snapped back to reality. Both Cahaya and I only laughed at his reaction, making Petir glare at us with his teeth gritted in annoyance afterwards.

Oh, he's actually awake. I thought he can sleep with his eyes open. That would be a talent right there.

By the way, what's his problem anyway?

"Woah! Chill, bro. No need to be short-tempered. You need to eat your food now before the bell rings. You haven't touched any of it yet." Cahaya informed him, as he took a bite on his own food.

"I'm not hungry." Our lightning elemental responded, standing up from his chair with his tray of food in hand.

"Where are you going?" I asked, frowning with one of my brows raised up at him. Seriously, what's this dude's problem?

"Somewhere." Petir replied, going to the trash bin to throw his food away.

Me and Cahaya exchanged glances at each other, looking confuse as ever. Why is Petir acting like that? Did something happened though?

Well, maybe he's just not in the mood today. I mean, that's normal, right? Having bad days are simply normal. It can get better tomorrow. Though, like Cahaya, I'm also curious...

What's been bothering you lately, Petir...?