Chapter 19 - Case ii

"Now you're finally able to listen, (Y/n)."

You were certain you were still dreaming because stood in front of you, was the nurse from the morgue. The same nurse you had looked through the eyes of when you touched her cool dead skin and saw Hoseok through her vision.

"You've been filling this place with rosemary, which made it difficult for me speak to you."

Your eyes trailed along the bruising around her neck and red slashes on her cheek that still bled down her face to her chin, and dripped. Her body frozen in the way she had died.

"Must you spirits always speak in riddles? It gets really frustrating," you said indifferently, covering up the twinge of fear that crept up your neck. Who knows what she could do to you in a dream. Perhaps nothing since it was your dream, but you didn't want to find out. 

"When you're dead you can do as you please," she answered coolly, her face wound shifting against the smile curling up on her blue lips, the flesh moving with her expression, you couldn't help but stare in sick fascination. The wound was so deep you could see a slither of yellowed white bone. Your stomach clenched. 

"What happened to you?" You breathed, a small struggle in trying to find your voice. 

She looked away.

"Jung Hoseok happened, that's what. Well it wasn't exactly him, but you know that, don't you?" She said looking back at you, something akin to pity flashing through her now blank expression.

"Why did you want to speak with me? You could have done so at the morgue..."

She shook her head.

"No. They may have taken my body to the morgue but, I'm stuck here," she explained solemnly. "I wanted to speak with you so I could ask for your help, and warn you too." 

"About what?" You asked, interest rising rapidly. What could a ghost want help with other than passing on?

"You haven't only one enemy in this place, but multiple. I want to show you one of them, since they've been right under your nose and you haven't noticed."

You tried to rack your brain for someone, anyone that could pose as a threat. Only one came to mind since your talisman had acted up more than once around him. But was she really talking about Jimin? It didn't seem like she was, but much of things in the past few days didn't seem to be as it was.

"I'm going to take you somewhere, to show you what I mean, you will need the key from the doctor's office, for when you go back when you're awake. There you will also find something that may come in handy. But for now I can show you without it."

"You and your friend can go at night, but to avoid the night-shift workers you must remove the rosemary you have planted around the hospital." 

Suspicion crept into your thoughts. "Why would I do that?"

"Myself and a few others would like to offer our help." 

"You mean you and the other ghosts here?" 

She smiled. 

"I don't understand? Why would you want to help? I'm getting rid of one of your own..." You were talking about the spirit inside of Hoseok. 

She hissed and recoiled as if you had swiped at her, the nurses body fuzzing like t.v static in front of you.

"That thing is not one of us! It is not the same!" The pure resentment in her voice changed it, distorted the sound making you suck in a breath.