-59-

Soonyoung poV:

A week has passed since Chan left the island. Minhyuk took over most of Chan's work, so I sometimes got confused over the things he told me and the things I heard from customers. Tomorrow would be the day I would go back to my sister's apartment to live there for some time. She didn't know the real reason why I took a break, but I don't think she would understand it either. Jihoon also seemed sad that I would leave, as he talked less as the days passed.

It was evening and we all sat at the burger shop.
"This will be our last meal with Soonyoung", Seokmin uttered sad.
"It's so weird. 7 month is a pretty long time, but it felt like yesterday when Soonyoung started working here and I showed him around", Jisoo said.
"Why are y'all so down. You talk like I'll leave forever. Who knows maybe I just take one month off", I tried to cheer them up a little.
"Yeah, but maybe it's never!", Seungkwan jumped in.
"It's just weird how much changed since you came and now you leave like that", Hansol added.
"I'll come visit you as a customer. Let's see how our service really is", I grinned.
"It's horrible. Don't even try. You also think Hyungwon and Minhyuk do their best at caring about the hotel?", Wonwoo shook his head.
"In this hotel are more than 400 rooms. Of course they can't clean it perfectly fine", Mingyu defended.
"Really? Then why are our rooms in the 6th floor?", I asked confused.
"It's the fifth first of all and second I thought you know by now that there are more questions than answers to them on this island", Minghao rolled his eyes.

We kept chatting for a really long time. Seungkwan and Hansol tried to convince me to stay, but I already made a decision. With the money I made on caratland I could afford living at my sister's until she kicks me out.

I went to the harbour with Jihoon as this became my favourite place.
"I will never forget the feeling I got when I was a small kid and came to this island. Little did I know how much time I would spend on caratland. Little did I know the true secrets of this amusement park", I said and let my feet hang out. Jihoon just nodded like always, keeping his head low. "Don't be too sad. I know you can do the work alone. Also I promise to come you visit. This time for real", I smiled, while ruffling his pink hair. He quickly turned red, making me grin. His pink hair... "Why did you dye your hair pink again by the way? Thought you didn't like it?", I asked confused.
"You said it suits me", he mumbled looking away, making me smile even bigger.
"Don't miss me too much", I joked, but it seems as if he took it to heart as he looked down again, making my smile fate too.

"Soonyoung", he suddenly said. It was silent for a while. I looked at him so he kept talking. "You know, I actually want to ask you something or no- I want to tell you something", he kept going. I was kind of surprised that he didn't stutter.
"Tell me", I encouraged him to keep talking.
"I- uh, you know, I actually also want to find my barn owl", he stuttered, getting really red. Did Hansol infect him? "Well, I think no- I know that I actually already found it. A-And uhm- I- uh- it-s weird because... It's a guy and it's just uh-", he kept stuttering. I tried to follow him, but I was so confused.
"Okay, wait. So you want to adopt a barn owl, but it's a male. There's nothing wrong with it, unless it's illegal to own barn owls", I said, tilting my head confused. He looked at me with such a frustrated expression. Did I say something weird?
"Not like that! Oh my God, I don't want to adopt a freaking barn owl!", he exclaimed hysterical.
"No? But you said you found your barn owl!", I argued.
"I'm just trying to ask you if you want to be my barn owl!", he said and turned redder, while letting his head sink. For a moment both of us were silent. I still didn't get what he wanted to tell me.
"Is this a joke?", I asked not impressed.
"Why should I joke about this?", he mumbled.
"I'm not a bird", I replied. Firstly he looked confused, but then sighed. He stood up.
"Gosh, that's so frustrating. You know what? Forget what I said. It doesn't matter anyway", he said upset and walked off. I looked at him walking off. While he ran away, Jeonghan approached me looking confused in Jihoon's direction.
"What happened? He seems upset", he asked confused.
"He asked me if I want to be his barn owl", I answered, still following Jihoon with my look.
"And what did you say?", Jeonghan asked surprised. Why is he so hysterical?
"That I'm not a bird", I shrugged my shoulders. He immediately judged me with his eyes.
"I really don't want to offend you, but you're so dumb", he suddenly uttered and followed Jihoon.

Why is everyone so weird today? Are they being sensitive? Or is it me?