C h a p t e r 12 - Oh great!

Alice's POV:
"I don't know," I muttered out. There was no way out of this.
"This isn't fair to you at all you should have the right to marry whoever you want," Oliver said. "Oliver if I don't marry you my parents will be humiliated, they know that I wouldn't do that to them," I said sadly.
"And I know my father will never let me run the company and will probably sell it to Bentley."

"Alice...I think we might just have to get married" he said in a defeated tone.

We sat in silence for a bit then he offered to drive me home. I agreed and we reached my place. I invited him in and I made him some coffee. That's when the thunder broke threw.

It was like a giant water balloon broke. It was pouring and it was super hard to see what was going on outside. Oliver was about to leave and it was like my gut was about to explode. I couldn't let him go out in the rain like that.

"Oliver, please don't go," I said. "Don't worry I'll be careful." He said back. That wasn't enough for me.
I went over to him and I looked him in the eyes. "I can't lose you" I blurted out. "-I mean who else is going to beat Bentley" I try to cover my embarrassing comment.

"Fine but only for a bit", he said to calm me down. He sat on my couch and I turned on the news. We heard them say to not go outside as the downpour might be dangerous.

"On the bright side, we can use this time to think of a way out of the engagement" I point out. "That's actually not a bad idea," he said back.

Oliver's POV:

I had so many questions about why didn't she want me to leave and what we're going to plan. I was thinking about everything that had happened that day. The lunch party, Chelsea, the engagement. Wait CHELSEA that's it!

"Hey, I have an idea." I put out.
"What! What is it?!" She asks eagerly.
"Well before I went to Europe, I was dating this girl and I was sure that I was going to date her, but we never really matched we would fight all the time and everyone was getting annoyed to the point where my family would ask me to break up with her," I say laying out the backstory.
"So if we can't call off the engagement, we'll make do it for us by acting like a really bad couple." She replied. It was like she was reading my mind.
Just then the low roar of thunder broke lose and it scared both us and we reached for each other. After we had realized what had happened we started profusely apologizing.

Just then the powers go off and I try to properly pick up my phone and turn on its flashlight. Alice goes and gets an actual flashlight and lights up the room.

"Well this is just amazing isn't it," I say trying to lighten the mood. "No don't say anything! You jinx us." She says back.

She comes and sits next to me. "Hopefully we can get out of this mess." She says with a sigh.
"Yeah me too, but if we don't it wouldn't be the worst thing to marry you," I say.
"Heyyyy that's mean Oliver, you know what it would be horrible if we got married." She said back.
"Why so?"
"Well because all we would do is argue with each other." She answers
"True, we would drive each other mad," I added

Then there was just silence and awkwardness so to break that I said.

"I don't think I apologized for kissing you"
Her face turned red and then I realized that I probably shouldn't have said that.

"Well really I kiss you, so I'm sorry, also I'm sorry for dragging you into this," she says back.

...

After my stupid comment everything was quiet she didn't really talk to me afterward.

The lights did eventually come on and we decided to watch a movie I don't know what movie or even what it was about. I was trying to think of ways to kill myself after embarrassing myself in front of her.

We went to sleep after that. I slept on the couch and I woke up to in the morning and saw Alice in the kitchen making coffee. She was all dressed up and I wasn't going to lie she looked really cute. She turned around and asked me if I wanted any. It caught me off guard so all I did was nod my head like a maniac. The rain had cleared up by then so I asked her to join me for breakfast and she agreed.

word count: 829

...

Hello, you wonderful readers thanks for reading this chapter of my book. I'm sorry that I took so long to publish this book. I hope you understand and I'll try to update faster.