Chapter 1

Here goes nothing 👇
________________________________________________

Kaycee glared at the back of her husband's head, hoping it would drill holes in it, as they were seated in a car going to their house. But he seemed unfazed by his wife's death glare.

A few hours earlier, they were waiting for their black Mercedes to pick them up and drop them off at the airport. Neither of them spoke a word, as they waited silently for their car, with Sean engrossed in his phone and Kaycee glaring at him wondering how did her life come to this.

As they climbed into the Mercedes, Kaycee stared out of the window while Sean was lost in his phone. For all she knew, he could have a girlfriend, one whom he actually loves, without her knowledge.

Not that she could do anything about it.

None of them wanted this. And yet this had always been in their destiny.

They reached the airport. With a nod of his head, the car drove off their sight. Sean started walking, not a glance towards Kaycee. She sighed tiredly but eventually followed him.

"Sean," she called out.

No acknowledgement.

"Sean?"

He didn't even move his head.

Kaycee huffed. No matter how upset he is, he doesn't get to ignore her existence.

"Sean!"

"Seanie!"

"Seanlee!"

"Shaun!"

"Shamu!"

"Shampoo!"

At this Sean turned around with an exasperated look on his face, eyebrows almost touching his hairline. "I am going to pretend you did not just call me that."

"Well, then answer when I call you." Kaycee retorted back.

"Now, why would I do that?"

"I don't know, maybe, because I'm your wife."

Sean's eyes turned cold, "I didn't choose you."

"Well, open your eyes dumbass, I'm suffering too, you know. Ignoring my presence isn't gonna help you, in any way. Not that I'm even remotely interested in talking to you, but I thought we need to jot down some rules for us to follow. But of course that could only happen if YOU cooperate."

Kaycee let out a deep breath after spitting out her emotions.

When her eyes landed on Sean, his mouth was open in, what seemed to her, shock.

"Did you just call me a 'dumbass'?"

Kaycee threw a look at Sean, laced with disbelief.

"That's what you heard in the entire speech? Wow."

-

"No one has ever called me a-a -"

"Get over it," Kaycee cut him off, "DUMBASS."

Sean gasped. "How dare you! I am a-"

"Spoilt, rich, pampered and a rude asshole who doesn't give a fuck to other's existence if it doesn't involve money." Kaycee vented out in a matter-of-fact tone.

"I'm the spoilt and rude one here? You are literally yelling at me for ignoring you when you tried to talk to me once." Sean yelled back.

Kaycee thanked the Lords that it was their private jet and not a flight, otherwise Sean would have embarrassed the hell out of her.