Ch 46: Wu And Li, Dislocation

Quote of the Day:

"Watch your thoughts, they become your words; watch your words, they become your actions; watch your actions, they become your habits; watch your habits, they become your character; watch your character, it becomes your destiny." - Lao Tzu

Music on for V I B E S

**
Same Day: Early Morning

"General," bows Wu Lan Jun, "It is about time we set off."

General Li nods as she snatch her sword from the rack. She drapes the blue cape over herself, "We need to take the secret route."

After several hours worth of traveling in a tranquil horse carriage, Wu Lan Jun and General Li steps off for a quick break near a sparkling river.

The Imperial Military Guard hands the General a piece of his meat bun, "General, are you perchance hungry?"

General Li shakes her head while staring at the map, "No time to eat." She folds up the map, "We need to get to the forest as soon as possible."

The sound of water distorts General Li. Tension and serenity engulfs the atmosphere. Wu Lan Jun halts his motions, as he understands something is strange as well.

General Li glances back to Wu Lan Jun, nodding for confirmation. It seems they have detected something.

They both gradually reach down to their waist for their sword.

WOOSH!

General Li blocks the four needles flying towards her, "They're using the same poisonous needles. Be careful."

Wu Lan Jun nods, "Received." He sprints towards the eastern block, where the needles came from.

Following his words, thirty masked invaders rise up into the air from the River. General Li runs towards them with her sword, dodging the iron daggers that are sent her way.

Wu Lan Jun faces off with twenty invaders hiding within an empty area; trees surround the space. He closes his eyes, listening to the rustling of the leaves and the whistling wind.

Poisonous needles swiftly pierces through the air, aiming for Wu Lan Jun. With a deft motion of his nimble fingers, his sword causes a column of air to move rapidly around and around in a cylindrical shape. He reciprocated the speedy needles back to where they came from.

Some assassins received the blow, collapsing on the ground. The leftover assassins in the bush halt the movement. Soon, the masked invaders reveal themselves. The physical combat begins.

The aggression continues on both side, until dawn hits its peak. By then, Wu Lan Jun triumphs over the assassins. He reserved one life to attempt to receive information; yet, like the previous assassins, he commit suicide.

Wu Lan Jun returns back to where General Li is. Her crowd of invaders are leveling off too. As he races to back her up, he can see that one invader purposefully receives General Li's killer technique so that he can get close enough to throw some sort of white powder at her.

With the powder in her eyes, she closes her eyes as it is painful to keep them open. Behind her, an assassin sneaks up to attack General Li with his sword.

Before the invader can do so, Wu Lan Jun quickly pushes General Li aside. His sword blocks the invader's attack, swirling it and slashing the invader's neck. Despite defeating this invader, more seems to be approaching them.

"This way," Wu Lan Jun announces as he grabs General Li's hand and guides her towards another pathway.

Huffing and puffing.

The invaders seem to be coming in all directions, chasing them down.

Running nonstop, they soon reach a cliff with a waterfall below. There are massive columns looking like pleats in a tartan kilt. The invaders slowly chase them to the edge.

Wu Lan Jun and the temporarily blinded General Li takes baby steps backwards, noting the distance. "Are you ready to jump, General?"

She unhesitatingly nods.

With his hand linked to that of the General, when he dives down, she jumps as well. The masked invaders glance as the two sinks down into the river below the cliff.

"Chase and kill," One of them commanded.

**

Wu Lan Jun swims ashore, with his body freezing from the cold water. All he can hear now is the sound of water. He glances around, in search for General Li.

After cautiously wandering around, he sights someone laying on a large boulder. Blue cape. It's General Li.

Her eyes still remain closed. She reaches her hand out; they serve as her eyes to observe the surroundings.

"General!" He darts towards her and proceeds to lift her up gently.

"Wu Lan Jun. Are you alright?" She accepts his help, "We need to find a hideout somewhere. I have underestimated their counts." She gets up to walk but collapses down. She does not weep but rather moan softly in pain.

"Don't force yourself, General. Your leg.." The Imperial Guard Wu glances down at her dislocated and bleeding kneecap. He situates her down on the boulder, ripping the pants under her iron armor.

"I-Imperial Guard Wu!" She shudders with his cold touch. He force pushed on her two shoulder pressure points, causing her to freeze. General Li questions his power, as he is able to easily disable her.

"I'm sorry but bear with me General," he whispers as he examines the severity of her kneecap. The feel of his hands tangles in her leg. His broad palms smooth her skin, his fingers dance on her skin.

She swallowed. "What are you—"

He swiftly manipulates her kneecap back into place.

"Ah!" She groans in considerable pain, tightening her grip on Wu Lan Jun's arms.