𝓢𝓬𝓮𝓷𝓮 𝟏𝟕

❝𝑨𝒍𝒘𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒇𝒖𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆.❞ - 𝑴𝒂𝒔𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒀𝒐𝒅𝒂

❈✱❉✤❈✱❉

When they finally reached their starship, Astrid flung herself out of the pod racer as nausea gurgled within her. Riding inside the pod racer had been just what she'd imagined it would be like; bouncy, jolting, and incredibly terrifying since the pod racer had sped low to the ground at 500 miles an hour.

She collapsed to the ground and dug her fingers into the sand, relishing the feeling of being on solid ground once more. But that was if she could even call sand solid, but that didn't matter.

"Yes, podracing is quite miserable," Master Kenobi agreed with a laugh as he leapt down from the cockpit behind her. "I don't know why Anakin enjoys it."

Probably for the sheer thrill of it, Astrid thought.

Perhaps she wasn't the thrill-seeker she thought she was. She was slowly beginning to learn this about herself.

Astrid heaved herself to her feet when the nausea passed and brushed the sand off of her Jedi cloak. "I'll go check on Anakin and tell him the good news," she told Obi Wan as she made for the starship's bay door.

The door slid open automatically at her approach, and Astrid peeked into all the rooms along the hallway as she was unsure which one Anakin was sleeping in. It was in the last room on the hallway that Astrid found him.

As she swung open the door soundlessly, she found Anakin laying on his side upon his cot, back turned towards her, breathing deep and even with sleep. The room was dark and peaceful, and honestly, Astrid wanted to just lie down and sleep, too, even though she hadn't had to take watch at all last night and therefore wasn't that tired.

Well, the room was silent until suddenly R2D2 rushed towards her with a shrill from across the room, utility arms extended threateningly in front of him. Electricity danced between the two metal arms, and Astrid held her hands up as she hissed quietly, "Artoo, it's me!"

She saw Anakin sit up abruptly on his cot out of the corner of her eye, his hand moving to his hip where his lightsaber hilt was still clipped as if he'd had just collapsed on his bed and instantly fallen asleep.

"Artoo!" Anakin called out loudly, but his voice was a little blurry as if he was still disoriented by sleep.

Artoo suddenly stopped and seemed to fully take in Astrid. He gave an apologetic beep as he withdrew his utility arms. Astrid only raised a brow at the astromech. "Maybe you should make Artoo more observant, Anakin," she said, still eyeing the astromech with narrowed eyes.

She held up two fingers to her eyes before pointing the two fingers at Artoo, silently telling him, I'm watching you.

Artoo gave an incredulous beep in response and lifted one utility arm threateningly. Astrid only shook her head with a smile before she walked over to where Anakin sat on his cot, watching, a faint smile lingering on his face.

His eyes flicked up to hers at her approach, and he took in the sand still clinging to her Jedi cloak. "Where have you been?" he asked with a frown.