07

Expelled.

Mark sat at the family table and stared at the papers in front of him. Jackson was on his way home from picking Jihyo up from school and Junhui sat at the other end of the table with his head in his hands.

"Junhui, I know we haven't gotten mad at you for getting into fights but seriously.. expelled? I- I don't know what to say about this. We've given you plenty of chances because you get attacked for the whole soulmate thing, but this is too much."

Jackson walked in at that exact time with Jihyo storming off to her room. Mark looked confused but Jackson shrugged it off. "So, what's the plan?"

Mark looked around, thinking. It wasn't Junhui's fault he was getting attacked and picked on so that ruled out the possibility of taking away his electronics. Junhui was standing up for himself, and Mark was proud of it.

But he had gotten expelled.

"They're doing a mass transfer to a school that's actually close by. We can find a way to get him in there?"

"If that's the only option," Jackson agreed and watched Junhui stare at his rings, fiddling with them. "Who knows, he might meet his soulmates there. Or at least one of them."

x

'This isn't right,' Jisoo thought as he walked to the park. It was unusually quiet and normally a crowd of students would be there since the school day had just finished. Surprisingly, there wasn't.'Who is that?'

A tall boy with soft brown hair sat on the swings. In his lap was a white dog the size of his arm that quietly slept as he stroked its fur.

'He's cute.'

Jisoo approached the male and watched as the dog woke up and stared at him. The swing next to him was unoccupied, so Jisoo took that as his seat and started slowly swinging.

"Hi?" the boy waved hesitantly.

"Hey."

"Do you need something?"

"I'm Joshua," Jisoo stuck out his hand to him. "Most people call me Jisoo though."

The taller hesitantly held out his right hand, "Mingyu."

Jisoo was originally going to ignore Mingyu's hand, as he didn't want to butt into his soulmate business, but the feeling of something sharp poking his hand forced him to look down. Mingyu had pulled away his hand but Jisoo was able to see a white dragon.

'Doesn't Minghao have that same ring..?'

Mingyu took Jisoo's silence as judgmental and stood up with his dog jumping to the ground.

"I'm gonna go. Bye!"

Jisoo watched Mingyu run into the alleyway and looked down at his own two rings, twisting around Jeonghan's since he wasn't able to take it off.

'That was weird.'