MTM.36

that's embarrassing

"I didn't think you would get sick." Morpheus ran his hand over my back soothingly while I squatted, bent over my knees with my face nearly in the dirt, pitifully hurling up the contents of my stomach, and spitting out the revolting taste from my mouth.

"Oh, yeah, because this is the first time I've ever vomited at the sight of a dead body before," I mocked, sarcasm lacing my sentence. There was a pause, from the both of us, and from everyone else who were already silently listening. Sighing, feeling a tinge of regret for the bite of my tone, but still haunted by the sour vomit, I chided, "Morpheus, honestly, you didn't have to do that. I know that I asked to come with you, that's on me, but this was much more than what I expected. And, I did not ask for you to use your memory sharing ability. We've definitely talked about this before. I do not like it. You could have left me alone for two minutes. Two measly minutes."

"It is vital for you to know wh-"

I interrupted right away, holding my hand up in the air as I stopped him from even breathing another word. "This is obviously not the time for you to be showing me your childhood trauma."

"Luna, would you like me to call for someone?" Beta Leo spoke up from beside us, standing there nervously as though he was intruding, swaying on his feet. Although, to Morpheus, he was. Leo's transparent expression one of concern, and not of fear. Well, maybe a little bit of uneasiness, but there was no doubt that it was because that dear destined mate of mine was scowling at him. The dull grinding of Morpheus' teeth betrayed him, revealed that his calm attitude towards me was, in fact, only towards me and barely ever towards anyone else. Morpheus tugged at my hair, the thickness and length of the natural, Hollywood style curls were pulled back into a ponytail, and his fist acted as a makeshift buckle. "Annora, perhaps?"

"This is an extremely embarrassing position that I'm in, Beta Leo, and I would rather this stay between us three and the other seven staring at me. Thank you," I groaned, feeling another wave of nausea gnaw at my insides, the scent and knowledge strong. One of my hands slapped against the spot underneath my neck and the other shot out to grip at Morpheus' shirt, pulling down the edge of it. He was already kneeling next to me, and the sudden hold on the fabric covering his chest hauled him even closer. The new proximity was enough to distract me for a moment, to make me feel as though I was back in the pack house, walking the very top floor. I shut my eyes and inhaled.

However, that was not the only thing I was paying attention to. My eyes fluttered opened, and from the corner of one, I noticed how the guards had finally looked away after watching me intently since the first time I gagged, obviously overhearing what I had said. They continued their examinations, doing as much as they could without the Alpha telling them what to do. One began following the trail of thinly spread droplets of blood, another took note of the treatment of the bodies, and the others searched the scene for identifications, prints, and clues.

"They do not think less of you, Emery." I twisted my neck to face the two of them instead of my vile poured out on the ground, and rolled my eyes weakly. Morpheus pointed at Leo threateningly with a single look, an untamed stare, daring him to disagree as he strongly suggested, "Isn't that right, Leo?"

"Right, Alpha," Leo gulped, agreeing. But, he was quick to compose himself. He nodded, and spoke softer, backing up his sincere belief, "They are much too excited to finally have an actual Luna to possibly think bad of you."

I instantly thought of Annora, but the man outside of Amanda's also came to mind. Polar opposites, yet they were from the same pack and shared the same air. How could they be so different? How come one ran on negativity, and the other preached positivity?