Chapter 67

"Baby, we've been avoiding something really important for a long time"

"But I don't wanna do it", I knew what he was talking about. He was talking about my parents. I've been avoiding them for a long time.

"Baby"

"Arjun please, I just can't"

"But you do realise that they're waiting for you." Of course he was right. I can't avoid them forever. They're my parents even though not biological. They still took care of me for a long time.

"I don't care", I mumbled. My mood upset all over again. I just left the house and stood out.

I felt tears prick my eyes but I just sniffled as closed my eyes trying to calm myself.

I felt arms around me before I was pulled to a warm body. I turned around and hid my face in his chest as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Hey, I'm not forcing you to do anything, you know I'll never force you to do anything you don't wanna do, I'll support all your decisions"

"I hate you"

"What did I do now?"

"I hate how you're right, how I can't keep them waiting for a long time, I can't avoid them forever. But you know Arjun", and this time I didn't control my tears.

He settled us down on the sand as I curled up against his body and let my tears soak his shirt.

"Baby, don't cry like that", he whispered as he caressed my hair.

Once my crying session was over, I turned around so that my back was against his chest and laid my head on his shoulder as I stared at the setting sun.

"I love you, always remember that", he said as he kissed the side of my forehead.

"I love you too", I mumbled as I kissed his jaw and closed my eyes as I enjoyed the cool breeze.

He took my left hand in his and entwined our fingers as he let his thumb caress the back of my hand.

Arjun's P.O.V.

I soon felt her even breathing and realised that she was asleep. I picked her up and took her to the bedroom.

I settled her down on the bed and sat on the edge of the bed as I made a call.

"Hello"

"I know why you're calling, and it's okay, I know it's hard on her"

"She's lucky to have an understanding brother like you Sanjay", I said softly.

"Sanjay!" I heard someone call Sanjay from the background.

"Oops, I have to go, can't have my wife be mad at me, not when she's pregnant, bye Arjun", he told me and immediately hung up. I smiled at the phone and then started surfing through the internet for some time.

She wrapped her arm around me and pulled herself closer to me and then let her head rest in the crook of my neck as she clung to me like a koala.

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her head.

"I love you", I whispered as I let my cheek rest against her head.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

"Is that pasta I smell?" She asked as she came inside the kitchen.

"Yes it is", I said as I seasoned the pasta.

I felt arms wrap around my torso and her head against my back.

"I love you Arjun"