Chapter 68

"Hello", we both greeted them as we entered the house.

I stared at her. She had this expectant look in her eyes but she didn't say anything. I was about to sit down on the sofa when I heard a squeal and thin arms wrapped around me.

"Oh my god! I'm so happy to see you again", Yash gushed.

"Ok ok calm down alright", Sanjay came from behind and held her.

Of course. Yash was due anytime soon. God only knows what can happen if something happens to her.

We all settled down on the sofa and for sometime it was silent. Awkwardly silent. So I decided to break the silence.

"I've come to a decision"

"So, firstly I'd like to thank you both for picking me up years ago from that place, you took care of me all this while and even when things weren't rainbows and sunshine, I atleast had a roof to live in. I know mom, you're guilty and no wonder you're this silent. I know the guilt is consuming you from within but you know what, I'll forgive you, yeah what you did wasn't obviously the right thing but you didn't have any choice left. It was either the girl you picked up from the hospital or your husband. I'll give us a chance, we'll take baby steps, now that he's gone, we can once again be a normal family", I said trying to control my tears. Arjun rubbed his hand soothingly on the back of my hand.

Mom clearly had tears in her eyes.

"I-I... Can I hug you?" She asked and I just nodded my head. She immediately wrapped her arms around me and started crying.

"It feels so good to hug you after so many years", she sobbed.

I know our relationship won't flourish in an instant but over the coming years, I'm sure things will become much better.

Obviously, the bad memories won't be forgotten. But many good memories will be created and they will be so strong that they will overpower the bad ones.

"Urmm hey guys, I'm sure to ruin the moment but I guess my water just broke", Yash said and I laughed out loud before we all rushed her to the hospital.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Just like during Sonia's delivery, I had to sacrifice my hand as Yash held onto my hand and screamed cuss words. The only sad thing was, I think I heard my bone break, once or twice.

"Congratulations, it's a boy and a girl", the doctor said and offered the twin to the nurse so that she could clean the excess blood.

Once Yash was shifted to the normal ward, my parents, Sanjay and Arjun walked in. Arjun clearly noticed that I was in pain, so he immediately excused us.

"What happened?"

"I think my hand is fractured", I said as I slumped against his body.

"Oh god! This is the last time you're volunteering like that! I can't have my baby breaking her hand again and again", he said as he walked us to the doctor so he could check my hand.

"It seems like a minor fracture, I'll wrap the bandage around it and prescribe a few medicines for you", the doctor said as he smiled at us.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

Yash decided to name her babies Tarun and Shanaya. Once we were back home, I quickly went to our room and slumped down on the bed. Arjun left for work promising that he'll be back early today.

"So how'd it go?" Sonia asked as she came inside the room with Aryan.

"It went nice and Yash gave birth to twins, Tarun and Shanaya", I said as I sat up.